15- No Casualties

Chapter 15

No Casualties

Cole's POV

"You've had one simple task and now they've gotten too close." The masked man, our leader, said.

"But-"

"No excuses!" He shouted. "You let them get too close now we have to eliminate all of them. see what you've done!"

"I'm sorry" I apologized.

"Take him to a cell I'll deal with him after this problem has been solved."

"Please don't hurt my family"

"It's not only your family"

Claire's POV

I was awoken by someone shaking me vigorously. I saw that Kiera was holding an umbrella as a weapon with a worried look on her face. "I think there's someone trying to get in" she whispered shaking in fear. The window broke and we both hurried into the dining room. I immediately knew what was going on.

"Find your brother and hide in your parents room" I instructed. I peeked into the living room and saw two men looking around.

"Charlie is in his bedroom" she stressed. I quietly shushed her.

"Go find your brother, I'll get Charlie" she headed towards the back stairs and climbed them as quickly as possible. I had to figure out how to get to Charlie's room without getting caught. I also needed to get my phone to signal to my parents that I needed backup. Charlie's room was next to the bathroom, which is next to the study, which is located on the right of the living room. Now how do I get there?

I wait a few moments and the burglars had moved into the kitchen...well at least I hope their burglars and not murderers. I rush into Charlie's room shutting the door quietly. He was still sound asleep in his crib. I picked him up gently, hushing him as I did. All I had to do now was signal Clint and Natasha. I couldn't do anything because I was carrying a child and I was embarrassingly unarmed. If I make it to the kitchen, I could maybe use the knives. No it's too risky, I thought. I need to get to a phone so that I can call Clint and Natasha. I creeped into the living room trying my best not to step on the creaky parts of the floor. I got to my phone and pressed the panic button built into it. The rush of relief ended abruptly when I heard a shout.

"Hey! It's one of those kids!" I dodged the first bullet by dropping to the ground and dodged the next by crawling to a corner. The next two bullets I wasn't so lucky. I held Charlie protectively against the wall and made sure my body hovered him. Casualties were not allowed and it's my life or his. Both bullets were lodged into my shoulder. After I heard the door break down I was plunged into a world of darkness.

---

Ouch! Well that was chapter 15!