Chapter 37: Claiming the Throne

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  After another exhausting day of travelling, we finally reached Camelot's castle once more. The hall was packed this time with nobles, peasants, and priests, who all seemed eager to see who their next destined King was. As well, there was also plenty of knights of all shapes who seemed either pretty confident or nervous about attempting to pull out the sword.

  I looked around for Kai, who was leaning by a tree, and not talking to anyone for once.

  "Kai!" I called out to him and ran to him. "It's great to see you again!"

"It's nice to see that you're both safe as well." He pats my head. "Did you run into any trouble on your way here?"

"Just a bit." I admitted sheepishly. "But someone came to help us out though."

  I nodded in Terry's direction and he smiles back.

"I also believe the assassins were sent by Lord Joseph to avoid Arthur's ascension to the throne." I said and Kai grimaced. "Arthur's back to normal so I'm sure we can go pull out the stone now!"

  "Why not charge him with some energy after such a long trip?" Kai wagged his eyebrows at me and Arthur coughed.

"Don't be silly," He said. "There is no need for th-"

  Arthur seemed pretty flustered when I pecked him on his cheeks.

  "BAHAHAHA!" Kai began to choke with laughter. "I really didn't think that she'd do it!"

  "Now go!" I pushed the flustered Arthur into the direction of the throne room. "You're all charged up now!"

  "Why did you even- You know what, I'll just go." Arthur turned away and hurried over to the throne room.

What a tsundere-

In the Throne Room~

The sword on the stone rested in the middle of the podium with two guards on either side of it. When Arthur entered, the crowd of people seemed to have moved to make a way for him to walk right through the middle as if magic controlled them.

"I've came to take the sword," Arthur announced, the whole room quieting down. As he reached the staircase to the podium, he was stopped by Lord Joseph who had a nasty sneer on his face.

  "All the brave knights of England," He looked especially towards Arthur. "Today's the last day of the month and none of the knights managed to pull it out. Therefore, it's God's Will and no one is able to proclaim the sword."

  "The actual frick..?" I swore under my breath. Just who believes that God talked to a terrible man like him..?

  "What's going on?" One knight demanded. "There's still a day left."

Even during the confusion, Arthur's aura managed to keep people in order.

  "Wait a moment, Lord Joseph," Arthur said. "If you are going against God's order, it would be a great deal however there is still one day to try to pull out the sword."

  "Unless.." He smirks at him. "You're scared that the rightful King just appeared?"

  "I can't take back what I said," Lord Joseph replied. "You're much too late!"

  He turns towards the guards. "Seize him!"

  "So, I just have to defeat them all?" Arthur tried to act cocky but I could see that he was a bit worried about the upcoming situation. "Is that all, Lord Joseph?"