Chapter 52: Escaping

Lucille's P.O.V.~

  I managed to regain consciousness and found myself in a dimly lit room. I was lying on the cold dark tiles and all I could see is two small torches illuminating this small throne.

  "Awake already?" Camilo asked me, as my eyes adjusted to the darkness. He was sitting in the throne and seemed quite haughty.

  "Where am I?" I demanded, and I felt sluggish still, probably from whatever was in the needle.

  "You're in my master's castle."  He told me and got up off his seat. Camilo made his way down and grabbed my chin.

  "Now you listen here." He demanded. "I've been very cruel to my past prisoners but now, I'm willing to be nice to you as long as you tell me where my brother is."

  "All I know is that he was taken to Camelot." I replied and he grabbed my neck, applying force and causing me to gasp for air.

  "There is over a hundred routes there." He replied and snapped his fingers, and the torches grew brighter to reveal another chair, but with many spikes on it. Is that really the medieval torture chair?

  "You'll have to sit there if you don't tell me which one they took." He yelled at me.

   "But, I really don't know which one!" I chocked out and he released my throat to grab my arm.

  "Then don't blame me for using torture!" He said and I struggled against his strength.

  "Camilo, release her." A voice said and Camilo immediately drops my hand and goes into a bowing position.

  "Master." He greets the unknown person, who steps into the light. Duarte Rodrigues..?

  "Why is she here?" He jerks his chin at me and Camilo seemed a bit nervous.

  "I took this girl from Arthur's camp." He explained. "I know that it wasn't right of me, but I did it for my brother's accord and I'll accept all punishments."

  "Arthur's the one who took him, not her." Duarte said and Camilo trembles a bit.

  "I brought her here to interrogate." He said. "She's always so close to Arthur, so I thought she'd ought to know something."

  "From what I see, she actually doesn't know anything." Duarte looks at me and Camilo stands up in shock.

  "But I saw Arthur talking to her on the battlefield and even saving her at once point!" Camilo protested. "Don't tell me she's a nobody and completely useless to us."

  "Who said she was useless though?" Duarte smiled. "You are dismissed."

  Camilo bows once more and hurries out of the room, leaving only Duarte and I.

  "Relax," He said. "I'm not a petty person and I know you don't actually know anything from your actions."

  "Are you not Roman?" I asked him. "You're with the Saxons?"

  "Somethings are best to remain a secret." He replied. "But since you're here in our territory, you should think about joining us."

  "What?" I couldn't believe my ears. "Are you crazy?"

   "Well, you're our prisoner now." Duarte said and begins to leave the room. He stops by the exit. "You'll have to make a suitable decision unless you want to be forced to make the right decision tomorrow."

  And with that, he closes the door, leaving me in complete darkness. There was nothing for me to do, and I was feeling really restless since I have just passed out twice so closely to each other. I kept changing positions, switching from sitting to lying down and just waited for the hours to pass until someone unlocks the door once more.

   "You're still awake?" Duarte asks me as he steps closer to me and traces the dark circles under my eyes. "It's been one night, and so it's time to make your decision."

  "Let go of me." I demanded, smacking his hand away. "I'm not joining your stupid camp."

  "Is that so..?" He asked and brought out a box. "I was going to let you take this willingly but it seems like I would have to force it upon you."

   "What is that?" I asked him.

   "It's a dragon's pill that makes the swallower swear complete loyalty to the person who gave it to them." He picks it up. "If they betray it somehow, it would give an unexpected surprise."

   Before he could shove it into my mouth, Camilo chose a great time to come. "Master, the Secret Envoy of Romania came to visit you in the front hall."

   "Is that so." He replied and places the pill back into the box. "I'll leave you to take care of her then."

  Duarte disappears out the door and Camilo waited a few more seconds before taking out some bell shaped torture tool from his pocket.

  "I don't care if you join or not." He told me. "I just want to know where my brother is and save him before he goes to prison!"

  "If you do this, you'll be punished by your master." I told him and he grimaced.

  "I know," he said. "But I must do so to save my brother."

  He grabbed my foot and my heel touched the room he was holding. Unfortunately for him, the boots I was wearing was made out of metal inside, so it'd be hard to use that tool anyways.

  "Now tell me!" He demanded and I stayed silent. "Confess it now!"

  "Even if I say anything, you won't believe me!" I cried and he pulls harder. "If you want me to say something, then let me go then."

   "I knew you know where he is." He smiled and I sighed. He really wasn't listening..

  "But first, can you let me have an egg to eat?" I asked him, attempting to trick him. "I'd like something to eat before I tell you."

  "An egg?" He repeated.

   "I don't need that much to eat." I said and he nods.

   "If you're tricking me, then I'll kill you." He said and I nodded. Camilo quickly orders a servant who returns in a few minutes with an egg.

   He hands it to me and I quickly took a bite, making this the first time ever, I felt relieved to be going back to my own world.

————————————————————

  Huh.. I only have like less then thirty chapters to write from the manhua left-

  Anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter~! Please vote and comment and I hope to see y'all in the next chapter~!^.^*