Chapter 12

The twins have been home for a week now and I'm stressing out. I haven't had a good night sleep in days and Blayze has to go back to work. Today is my first day without Blayze being here to help and he left hot-headed because we argued over if we should get a nanny or not. I'm worried that I will get judged for hiring extra help so that I can take care of myself. I can do it on my own. I know I can but Blayze isn't the only one who insists that I get a nanny. My mom is determined that I get a nanny. "Now that Blayze is behind on some projects at work, you should go and help him organize all of his assignments and meetings. Plus, you like organizing and you get to clear your head from the babies. I know you're going through postpartum."

My mother is right about me needing some alone time. Organizing is a great stress reliever for me. I organize the books in the library all the time. "I need to stay with the babies mom. They're still young. I need to recover from my c-section and I can't do any heavy work until I'm completely healed." She doesn't argue with me knowing that I'm right. She decides to go grocery shopping for Blayze and me while I stay home with the babies. Tyson took the kids and will be taking care of his siblings for a couple of days while I adjust to my new role as a mother of twin newborns.

I get both twins to sleep and I prepare myself a smoothie that contains the proper nutrition to help me lose weight. Since I can't do any heavy exercise for a while I need to eat foods that will increase my metabolism and help me lose weight. I hiss in pain as I feel my breast tender and sore. I need to breastfeed.

The twins are asleep and I don't want to wake them. I sigh annoyingly as I pull out the breast pump to pump milk out of my breast. I'm producing breast milk more than usual and that's okay however it's a struggle because I produce more milk than my babies can consume. I need to buy bras that will absorb the leakage of my cleavage. I grab the electric breast pumps and lounge on the couch topless and turn on the television. I start the machine and I hiss as I feel the pain on my raw nipples. I drink my smoothie and I call Gloria. She enters the living room with a smile saying, "What do you need, hija?"

"Is it possible that the chef can prepare me breakfast?"

"Yeah, absolutely. What would you like me to tell him?"

"Tell him to make it low in calories and has enough nutrition to full me up."

She leaves and heads to the kitchen. Blayze increased the number of staff and even hired a chef. At his old home, he had no chef but had drivers, maids, gardeners, and security guards. Now he wants a chef so that I can have healthy meals while he's gone. It's his little way of insulting my cooking skills. Gloria returns moments later with a tray of food. I'm having an acai bowl with toast bread spread out with almond butter. Granola is sprinkled on top and my glass of water sits perfectly on the tray. I thank Gloria and tell her to thank the chef and I begin to eat.

I watch a movie while I eat enjoying the little peace and quiet. Once I finishing eating I check on the twins and find them still asleep so I go and take a shower before they wake up. The moment I exit the shower I hear the babies cry and I rush to their aid. The day becomes as long as I change diapers, feed, burp, cradle, rock, and cry. Blayze comes home late at night and I don't get up to greet him since I have both babies suckling at my breast. "Hey babe, I'm home." His voice low and tired.

I peak up at him and see the tiredness yet love in his eyes. "How was work? Did you get everything completed?"

He sighs as he sets down his stuff on the floor. I watch as he rolls up his sleeves and I smile at how sexy he looks doing so. He sits down on the floor and sighs, "Well..."

"Oh, Blayze what happened?"

"I have to head out of town because there was an accident at a construction site. Blaise and I need to head over there tonight and Damon is coming with us as well. They're coming to the house now. I'm sorry, I don't want to leave you or the babies."