Chapter 15

It's June 30 and it's my birthday. I'm going to be 26 and I feel my body already starting to sag. It's most likely my imagination but I swear I see a wrinkle on my face already. Blayze planned a birthday dinner on the rooftop of a fancy restaurant in Greece. We are currently in Greece with our family and friends on a small vacation to celebrate my birthday. Abigail announced her engagement to her boyfriend of two years and we're also celebrating the news on this trip too. I'm glancing at the mirror making sure everything is perfect on me. Pictures will be taken and posted on social media and I want to look my very best on my birthday.

Tonight I decided to wear navy blue skinny office pants with a white blouse and nude heels. I hear movement nearby and I turn my head to see Chris at the doorway eating an apple. "Look How much you've grown. It feels like only yesterday when I met you at 23." Chris whipped away imaginary tears from his cheeks and smiles a cheesy smile.

"You're so dramatic."

"Move aside woman. Let me this mirror remind me how good looking I am. You know mirrors can't lie." Chris states as he checks himself out pushing me to the side.

"Yeah mirrors can't lie to you but you're lucky that it can't laugh at you either." I huff and walk away hearing Chris shout, "Ooo how rude!"

As I enter the corridor I stumble a bit bumping into a desk knocking over the plant. "Whoops!" I hiss embarrassingly. "You're a hot mess already and the liquor hasn't even entered the room yet." Laughs Blaise. "For your information, I'm not a hot mess. I'm a walking disaster." I comply.

"You do know you insulted yourself, right?"

"Shut up Blaise." I quickly reply embarrassing myself drastically. We all head out to the cars so that we can drive to the restaurant. After dinner, we head home and change our dinner clothes to more comfortable clothes to lounge in. While the adults talked the kids disappeared for a few moments but come back with nerf guns. "Let's play!" Says, Harmony.

"Maybe another time sweetie," Melody tells her.

"Oh, so you old people are scared to lose to us youngsters." Tyson teases us.

"Um, I'm not old. You're on." Melody defends herself and she gets up on her feet and grabs a gun. We all join her and we choose our captains. Blayze and Blaise are captains and they start to pick their teams. "I choose Tyson," Blayze says first and I put on a fake hurt face on. "How dare you," I say.

"Suzette, you're on my team." Blaise says and I walk over to her and Blayze quickly says, "Wait I changed my mind."

"No, Blayze. You only changed your mind because you know Suzette is going to tear your butts up in this game." Blaise smirks at him.

"Choose me or lose me. I'm nobody's backup plan, Blayze." Me and Blaise high five and they continue to pick their teams. When we're done we split up and make our strategy. Each team has a flag and we have to get the other teams to flag. If we are shot we are out of the game. Whoever gets the other teams flag first wins.

Amor, Steven, Haelyn, Harry, Theia, me and Blaise are one team. We split up and start to make our way to the teams flag. All hell breaks loose when we all start shootings at each other. I can hear Harmony screaming, "Die! Die!" behind me. I grab the flag but I'm shot from behind and I fall to the ground dramatically. I hear Abigail scream, "No!" nearby. She runs to my side and I dramatically start to struggle to breathe. "Abigail don't cry for me."

"Suzette, you have to live."

"Nobody needs me."

"I do. I need you."

"I've always loved you. Don't stop living a good life because of me."

"I love you too."

"Don't let go of me."