Why Marcus?

Beyoncé's POV

*A Month Later*

I was riding out to the Bronx because I got a call from Marcus's school. Apparently they couldn't get his mother and I was next on his call list. I really don't remember putting my name down but whatever.

I heard my phone ring through the car so I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey babe, what you doing?" Shawn asked.

I immediately smiled.

"Heading towards the Bronx why?" I asked.

"I gotta handle some business tonight. Can you watch Cori?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Cool, I'll come over when I'm done. It should be around ten." He said.

"Okay." I said.

"Alright." He said and hung up.

I finished driving all the way to the Bronx until I got to Marcus's school. That drive was ridiculous, I'm not doing that anymore.

I walked in the school and into the main office and I saw Marcus sitting there he didn't see me though. I took off my shades and plucked his ear. He got up like he was about to swing or something.

"What?" I said.

"I didn't know it was you." He said and sat back down.

"I know cause you not raising up on me like that." I said. "Why am I here?"

He shrugged and started mumbling. I hit him.

"Ow!"

"Why am I here?" I asked. "Were you fighting?"

He didn't say anything.

"Okay." I said nodding. "Who do they think I am to you?"

"My sister." He said.

I nodded and told the secretary I was there to see the principal. They walked me to her office. I don't know how these people think I'm his sister, let me put my spanish accent on.

She was telling me that Marcus was fighting over a lunch line spot. She said this is nothing new with him and he would be suspended. I was trying to reason with her to keep him in school because as long as he's in school he's fine. It's when he leaves out this building that's a problem for me and he goes back to his old ways. She wasn't budging and he's suspended for a week.