CHAPTER 9 : The last split

PD : You guys take a two months' break. You take this time to resolve all your conflicts and get back for good. Till then, we'll atleast have something to say to your fans. Alright?

We agreed to his offer in unison.

PD : However, I want the seven of you in the agency right after two months without a fail. And be in touch with your managers in the meantime.

We nodded our heads.

And with that said, we left the agency. We were on our way back to the dorm when Hobi hyung called me. I received it right away.

*Over the call*

ME : Yes, hyung.

HS : Onh, how'd it go? What did Pd-nim say? Was he mad?

ME : Yes, a little. But, he suggested us to take a two months' break and resolve everything while we are at it.

HS : Onh, is it? Okay. I'll drop by at night. Let's talk nicely then.

ME : Okay. And what happened there? Is Noona fine?

HS : Yeah, seems like she needs to take a treatment. I'll talk once I am home. You all too rest for now. Don't overthink.

ME : Alright, hyung...

He ended the call with that with a small hum.

No matter what, I couldn't bring myself out of the pool of desolation I was drowing in.
I was going deeper and deeper into the marsh with absolutely no hopes for escape.

.

.

One month later

.

.

Hobi hyung dropped by rarely since he was always busy looking after Noona. He was no longer the cheerful self he once used to be.

In the dorms too, the ambience was cold ever since. Jimin hyung, Taehyung hyung or me, we talked rarely and started to remain individual more.
Without the hyungs, we were not us.

It was time for dinner, and all three worked quietly in the kitchen. We would order mostly to the dorm.
I was setting the table with Taehyung hyung while Jimin hyung was serving the dishes as usual.

Jimin hyung started to be more to himself since last few days as if he was distracted and disturbed by something.

Wanting to lift his mood up, Taehyung hyung thought to fool around. He went after him as Jimin hyung was going to the kitchen to bring another dish.

He started following him sticking to his back while resting his chin on his shoulders.

JM : Tae, what are you doing? (-carefully holding the bowl-)

They came out of the kitchen in the same posture. Jimin hyung freed himself forcefully and placed a plate for himself. But, Taehyung hyung removed it goofing around.

I could see Jimin hyung losing it. He shot glares at V hyung as a warning and took it back again. However, Taehyung hyung, not losing hope to cheer his best friend, removed it again.

Jimin hyung looked away running his fingers through his hair in frustration. I noticed Taehyung hyung was setting his plate with food.

I thought Jimin hyung will be touched when he sees this but the terms in the dorm that night took a whole new turn.