CHAPTER 13 : A step forward.

ME : Are you okay?

She sat up with a light wince of struggle and figured her surroundings.

??? : Why am I here?

ME : You fainted earlier, so I brought you here.

??? : You must be really busy. I am really sorry to have bothered you, Namjoon-ssi.

ME : Wait, you knew me all these time?

??? : (-nervously-) Who doesn't know you in Korea? I am really sorry. (-bows-)

ME : It's alright. I wasn't busy anyways. You are good now?

??? : (-suddenly realizes and gets tensed-) What time is it?

ME : (-checking it-) It's 14 : 03.

??? : (-speaks to herself-) My part-time... (-rushes down the bed-)

ME : Wait, where are you going?

She took off her IV insertion easily as if she knew how it was done. In a rush, she took her belongings and ran outside.

I, having no other choice, chased her till I could stop her from running. We panted as we reached the lobby of the hospital with me finally blocking her way.

ME : Doctor asked you to rest. You can't just leave like th-

??? : (-tensed-) Please let me go. I am already late for my next part time. If I get anymore late they will cut off my salary.

ME : And what if you faint again? You should take care of yourself too.

??? : I will do it.

ME : Why on earth, it is so important for you to go to that part time job? Is money that bad of an obsession to you?

I noticed her eyes forming small tears but she had a straight face and answered me which numbed my ability to speak.

??? : You are not a medical student who can't pursue it further because his family went bankrupt. And you are not the only one to run his family at this point. So, you won't know what those part time jobs and money mean to me. (-intense stare-)

I couldn't sound my words, I just went entirely blank.

??? : You have everything you need, friends and co-workers in the form of a family, your fans to support you and the work that you actually love doing. So, make sure you never lose them.

Her words hit me hard, I felt a very small person in front of her.
She, pulling her tears back in, made her way out excusing me. I kept watching her fade as she ran outside till she was out of my view.

"Do I still have any of it?"

I remembered the night when I left the dorm with two crying members pleading me to stay.

A sence of regret ran all over my body. I realized I wasn't upset with them but I was with myself. I was disappointed in myself for not being able to keep us together.

In the next moment, while I walked out of the hospital and was wandering in the streets I found myself asking one question that had my inside to storm up.

"Will I find you all like destiny, again?"

I recalled all the moments, where I should've been better as a leader but I wasn't.