Chp 3 | A Journey's Beginning

You both progressed further into the abandoned streets, both trying to call out to anyone. "Hello? Is anyone here? We recently crashed not so far from here and wanted to ask if you could help us" spoke (F/n). "Do you think there's even anyone here? Seems pretty much isolated to me" you said not hiding the truth. About to convince her that no one was here and that you guys should probably just go back since you weren't feeling it here. No one seemed to neither use this road nor even live in this broken down town. That is until; your eyes soon discerned a black figure in the distance.

"HEEYY! YOU OVER THERE! ARE YOU FROM HERE?!' yelled (F/n) as she began to near it. You felt something nerve-wracking about the figure standing over in the open. It didn't seem to walk properly like how a normal person would, nor did it even say anything or call out in response. However, it soon stopped. It didn't seem to do anything, it looked...still, and unmoving. "(F/n)! Get back here!" you ordered in a whisper. "Huh? Is something wrong (Y/n)?" questioned (F/n), facing you. "Something's not right" you said in a warning. Instantly, she paced back beside you faster than she could walk, setting her guard up like you. For as long as she knew you, (F/n) wasn't stupid nor ignorant to any point. She knew that whenever you spoke your mind about something not being right or normal, something bad was bound to happen. "HEY! WHO ARE YOU?! ANSWER ME!" you yelled towards the individual hidden by the fog. It suddenly faced the both of you. "(Y/n)? I don't like the way it's looking at us!" said (F/n) starting to back away. (F/n) was never the type to back down from a bunch of people or delinquents, but that didn't mean she never got scared. She was actually the type to step up sometimes even though she was scared shitless. As she stood her ground, you decided to reverse your steps very slowly and silently. Suddenly, you both stepped on a twig and it started to move. It came walking, pacing, jogging, and suddenly, it sprinted into a run towards you.

Defenseless you yelled to your friend. "Alice, run!" "What?" "RUN ALICE!!! RUUUN" You sprinted grabbing her wrist in the process as it started to chase after you. It was still masked by the fog so you couldn't tell what it was or who it was."What the bloody hell is this place?!" you spoke aloud.

Slightly out of breath, you and Alice decided to take shelter behind a bolder. All that running was bringing some hits onto both of your physical endurance. The cloaked figure passed by as it didn't notice the both of you hidden. "So it was a human after all" said (F/n). "Why would it charge at us? What did we do wrong?! Is everything going to attack us now?!" she asked again. "Idk, but at least we made it out alive right?!" you said reassuringly. "Yeah, I guess so for now." "I think it's better if we go back to the car. We can maybe go back to the public road by retracing our tracks before nightfall" you proposed. "Agree" said (F/n) slightly frightened. Finding it a bit hard to find the way out of town, you both managed to find the entrance and exit. However, as soon as you guys left walking further away from this place and passed the crash site, you both found yourself coming to a halt, in front of an abyss. "W-what?" "What's going on? How is this even possible?" said (F/n) looking at you. "This can't be possible. It's completely cut off from here" you said.