Chp 10 | Survival Group

You open your eyes stunned at the sight of the blade beside you. The Great Knife had barely avoided your body, leaving only a graze against your skin as it dug into the ground. Peering up shakily, you noticed the creature's figure which surpassed your expectations; being much more taller, bloodied, and mangled. You stared frozen as everything sunk in, all your strength seeped from your body into your surroundings leaving you with weak legs. The sheer sight of him turned your blood to stone and paralyzed your brain leaving a tremor in your chest. It retracts the blade from its embedded spot, all the bugs having perished earlier or crawled away cowardly. Everything suddenly returns to normal. The walls retort to their original forms of an abandoned school hall, and the sheer sound of the creature's heavy breathing is left dominating your own. However, the creature stood staring down towards you stoically. Blood still dripped down its injured arms in droplets, staining the floor quietly. It grumbled roughly, immediately moving too close to your figure. You tried to back away on instinct. It quickly extended its hand down, instantly clasping your ankle and dragging you back underneath it. As if touching something for the first time with its bare hands, his grip tightens, unwilling to let go which wins a wince from you. Gun shots were suddenly heard and you watched as it let go, falling to one knee. Growling in pain as blood splattered onto your arms that were raised in defense to shelter your face. The other figures from earlier with your friend had found you, yelling out to the creature as if to distract it. One of the woman had split from the main group and quickly maneuvered through the violence to snatch you from behind. As if on cue, right before the beast turned to snatch you back, a throbbing pain in your ankle swell with a red hue to your skin and you were pulled out of harms way. The woman pulled your arm over her shoulder, dragging you along despite of your weight. All of you hurried upstairs with a little struggle, toppling any obstacles found on your path to diminish the creature's pace who followed. A narrow window was spotted, leading to the adjacent building into a room. Your friend passed through before having the others follow behind. You the second last was passed on like a secret package to the other female stranger before the other joined. Just as you were about to look back, the creature lurched forward to snatch any of you, but its humongous size proved too great to pass through. It was furious as if something had been snatched away from him, The Great Knife instantly being shoved through the narrow window with murderous intent. However, in fear everyone was dragged out and moved through the building's corridors within a hurry. As the animalistic sounds died down with distance, the interior design changed, resembling that of a ballroom. Suddenly, one of the woman starts wondering away as her companion had disappeared. All of you go rummaging through rooms in search of her.  All at once, your steps ceases to travel further as the scenery led to a large, hollow hole within the middle of the room. Expecting an end to the hole, your friend who followed, kicks a rock within the darkness. A thump of the ground doesn't come as instead the object continues falling, only now as it is utterly surrounded in blackness after a couple of minutes that you hear a clash. The other woman comes rushing in as across the large hole in a corner you spot her companion near a weeping girl facing away. The girl stops weeping and faces her. A sudden stiffness of the woman's body, intensifies your suspicions and curiosity towards the event occurring. The child bursts into flames, blinding your sight. Retrieving your sight once more, the woman's companion lays on the floor, but awakens with no girl spotted anywhere. In the corner the woman swings a rope to her companion, ordering for her safe return beside everyone. Paranoid by what may lie within the building's confined walls, everyone exits to scavenge for more food. However, outside another lady suddenly clashes into your friend, screaming to reach the church. Terrified you pull your friend from her grasp defensively, nerved by this deranged lady that kept spewing things about church and safety. All becomes clear though as the sky is drowned in a pool of darkness and ash that was starting to consume the streets.