Chp 8 | The Escape

(F/n) panted running after you, the distance growing between you both despite her efforts to catch up. Your eyes flicked from opening and shutting in your subconscious state as you swayed side to side. "GIVE HER BACK YOU FILTHY MONSTER" (F/n) yelled, holding onto the thought of never separating. "(Y/n), REACH FOR MY HAND!" In your attempt to reach out, you see behind her, strangely suited people coming through the stairs as you turn a corner. You're carried out the building, passing the kid playground and into the next building identified as a school. Annoyed from the fear and struggles being elicited into (F/n) as she pursued beyond her limits, your strength manifests in violent hits as you struck the creature's head with your elbow to escape. It toppled over on impact, and you squirmed to run. You trip, sensing its grasp clamp around your ankle tightly. You fiddle around as it drags you back with (F/n) still far away. A knife is spotted on your left in rubble, you extend your arms grasping it. It was more than a little rusted and jagged blade placed into an aging, wooden handle held together by a brass-looking screw. You bring the knife down, piercing it through its scalp as it shrieks in an agonizing and bloodcurdling scream. At the loss of its presence on your ankle and finally free from the creature's filthy clutches, you run through the corridors colliding into (F/n) at the third corner. "Y-y/n! You escaped?!" "Hurry (F/n), we've got to run. It's right behind u - " "GGggGaAArrRrhhHhH" it screeched throughout the corridors. You both run, skedaddling for your lives. Both of you rush into a classroom, locking the door shut and stepping away. (F/n) searches for another exit, but realizes the bared windows that had been blocked using wooden planks nailed against them. The creature passes beside the class slowly, both of you hide in the back corner, not letting one single breathe be heard. For a moment it lets its bloodied hand trace the glass on the door, staining it, but then drops and moves along the empty corridors. Minutes pass, both of you had fallen asleep until a gleam of sunlight seethed through the bared windows waking you. (F/n) stands, moving towards the door and opening it slowly to see if the coast is clear. "Nothing's outside, I think we can move now" she said looking back. "Alright let's head out carefully" you responded. Passing the dusty desks, you however, stop sighting two hand prints on one of the desks with 'Watch me' spelled inside them. "(Y/n!) Come on let's go, it's still not safe out here" says (F/n). You join her walking along the silent corridors that settled a sense of inner terror. A girl suddenly runs upstairs, you both follow reaching a door where she was last seen entering. (F/n) clasps the doorknob, turning it a 90 degree angle as it creaked open. The bathroom had mold growing around grotty faucets, peeling walls and dirty, grim covered tiles with blackened toilet cabins. The odor of stale urine came from the toilets. The girl's cries are heard resonating from one of the toilet cabins. You move closer to the door, reaching out and opening the doors one after the other hearing the girl slowly say "It's going to be ok. I promise I'm going to help you." The last door grates open and you both instantly step back. A person hugged in wires with the words "I dare you double dare you" shown behind it on its stained walls. A repulsive stench invades the air as you almost gag at the thought of the rotting corpse. (F/n) shines light against it as she moves closer. You grab her arm cautiously warning her not to. "(Y/n). We've already seen how f**ked up this place is. There has to be a reason why we're here." Something inside her eyes, gleamed with truth and insanity as you let your hand drop. She reaches through the wires carefully, invading the mouth with her hand and retracts immediately with something in hand. Suddenly the siren goes off and the place plunges into an ominous darkness, awakening predatory creatures out from their hiding. (F/n) lights the bathroom walls as they tear apart, resembling flesh that pealed off and revealed rusty cages and fences. Noises manifests from the stall where you both saw the monster entangled in wires. You both watched anxiously as the bathroom transformed into a deteriorating playground. The creature clasps the door, appearing out from its confined prison rotting with that same repulsive stench. It touches the walls, something spreading along as he licks every surfaces it touches, sniffing the air as it peers in both your directions. It falls on all fours, crawling closer as it begins to pick pace and split into two bodies with another head ripping through its flesh into manifestation. (F/n) jumps out of fear and pulls you out from the bathroom, both shoving the door closed as the creature impacted in a pang with the wooden door. Alas, you both exhale in gratefulness from escaping.