Before The Crash (Prequel Chapter)

Hello and welcome to the prequel chapter of Captain Squirtle. In this chapter, you will find out most of the truth behind the mystery before the characters. Are you ready to find out the true villains and all of the events in Steve's life after the endgame and before the car crash that set off the events of Captain Squirtle?

This Is all through the eyes of Steve as the main character of the chapter.

Enjoy this chapter and since this is from Steve's perspective there will be triggers for depression, Low Self-esteem and Self Harm. You have been warned, enjoy the story.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
It had been three months since the avengers had managed to bring everyone back and since Steve had decided to stay in the present to help Bucky.  Steve walked back to the compound after picking up his daily newspaper before walking, he knocked on Bucky's door and walked into the most heartbreaking sight ever, Bucky had a suitcase ready to pack all of his stuff.

"Ugh surprise."

"Buck how long have you been planing to leave."

"A Month."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I was worried you would get really upset."

"I am already upset you idiot, you've lied to me, also why after all we did to get you back."

"I-I-I know punk but you must understand I don't belong here at all as the past still haunts."

"Please stay, you do realise that you're being absolutely selfish, you have me, Nat and Sam, would you really give that all up I mean we've been trying to help and protect you."

"Listen, after everything that's happened its best that I start new and fresh in a new place where nobody knows the name of Bucky Barnes."

Steve walked away horrified and broken, he hoped that Nat would be able to convince him if he couldn't. He ran out of the room saying the most heartbreaking last line ever.

"Your going insane, whatever happened to till the end of the line."

Steve hopped onto his bike and drove straight for the new shield headquarters where Nat had her own office. He then burst through the door in a panic overwhelmed with sadness.

"I'm gonna see if I can get a job as a Detective as there's no point continuing to be a hero. Protecting Bucky was pointless, he's packing up his things and catching a train to Ryme City, please out of lords mercy please try to stop him, Nat, please try to stop him"

He clasped onto the floor crying, absolutely sad and heartbroken. Nat patted him on the shoulder and quickly gathered her things together.

"Stay Here."

After what felt like hours Nat returned just as emotional and heartbroken as Steve walked in.

"Oh no please say that he didn't."

"He's really has gone out of his mind I mean he offered me to run away with him. I tried Steve I honestly did but he was to dang stubborn, nothing could change his mind not even you or me."

The two hugged for each other for hours after feeling so heartbroken over this major loss in their life.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
2 Weeks Later...
Steve woke up startled, he saw his bruised wrist and realised that he must have punched himself whilst having his regular nightmares about Bucky leaving and Tony sacrifice in the past whilst he returned to the present without him after returning the stones. He also dreamt about himself going evil and harming Bucky.