Scene 9 - The true nightmare

The plants flip themselves over towards the ship, pointing themselves directly at Fireball. As though the plants know that there are new arrivals on the planet. The Jetmobile bay features three crafts, as the roof lifts open to reveal the opaque sky. All have radio connection with each other and the ship via massive, thick hand-held radios. Colonel Zodiac, Venus and Zoonie hold on to one, whilst the Professor and the Commander share their own.

Colonel Zodiac:

Well, let's go then.

Commander Zero:

Just a minute Zodiac, what is that creature doing on your Jetmobile?

Dr. Venus:

Aww, I couldn't leave Zoonie on his own on the ship. He would get bored. Wouldn't you?

Zoonie:

HHHEE WWWOOOUULLLLDDDDD GGEETTTTT BBOOOORRREEDDD!!!! WWOOUULLLNNDDD'NNNTTT YYOOUUUU!!!!

Commander Zero:

Alright! If that thing gives me any more trouble and I'll kill that thing!

Dr. Venus:

No! You can't do that!

Matic coughs, interrupting.

Professor Matic:

I think we, err, should get a move on, everybody?

Colonel Zodiac:

You're right, Matt. Stand by in case of whatever this planet will throw at us.

Steve's jet floats into the air gracefully, well above the ship. The Commander's then Matt's follows. They all freeze up above the ship, taking their magnificent view of the planet below them.

Robert, we're leaving Fireball now. Keep her in her present position.

Robert:

AAFFIIRRMMAATTIIVVVEEEE!!!!

Commander Zero:

Any reading of the other Fireball ships?

Robert:

NNEEGGAATTIVVVEEE!!! NNNOOO RRREEPPPOORRRTTT OONN OOOOTTTHEEERRR FFFIRREEEBAAALLL SSSHHIIPPPSSS!!!!!

Colonel Zodiac:

Then we will just have to find them ourselves.

Commander Zero:

Keep close by. If any of us get into any difficulty then we might not all be able to rescue each other. Let's head forward.

Their Jetmobiles zoom their forward, lowering height to take a good look around of the terrain and plants. They are all fascinated and amazed at the numerous, deadly types of plant. One of the plants spews out a goo over Professor Matic, the suit protecting him.

Professor Matic:

Yuck! Better not touch that.

Colonel Zodiac:

We'll explore around here.

Commander Zero:

I think I'm making the decisions here, Zodiac! And my plan is to go over to that terrain and explore starting there.

They fly over the massive hedgy bush, with eyes along them following their every move creepily.

Colonel Zodiac:

Venus, you ok?

Dr. Venus:

Fine, Steve. I think Zoonie is still a bit frightened.