Scene 11 - Out before its too late

Fireball XL5 is in sight. It is sinking in the mud – fast!

Colonel Zodiac:

She's sinking! We forgot about Fireball!

The ships fly back into the Jetmobile Bay, with Robert following behind quickly. The hatch seals. Now, nearly all the ship has submerged into the impossibly thick and soft mud, hundreds of feet deep. Robert and Zodiac reach the Control Bay and hurriedly set activate the instruments. The motors blast.

Come on, Robert! We need to get out of this bog!

XL5 has finished sinking in – as it has stopped.

More power!

Robert:

MMOORREEE – PPOOOWWWEEERRR!!!!

Gently, the spaceship begins to very slowly rise out, mud sticking and sloping and glopping over the craft. Now, she is free!

Colonel Zodiac:

Now, let's get out of here!

Fireball blasts her motors back around the other way, accelerating back towards the wormhole. The other three enter, keeping cool and calm as Steve's brows sweat buckets.

Nearly there!

Professor Matic:

If we don't get out of here then we will be stuck in this nightmare forever!

Dr. Venus:

There it is, Steve!

The wormhole is in reach, it is pulsating as it grows smaller then rapidly bigger, like it was about to shut. Now, it was gradually growing smaller, and smaller, and smaller.

Commander Zero:

WE'LL NEVER MAKE IT!

Colonel Zodiac:

Hit the hyperdrive, Robert!

Robert:

HHITTTIINNGG – HHYYPEERRDDRRIIVVEEE!!!!!!

The ship booms forward, in a flash she zooms through the cloudy space. They make it through – and a second later, the wormhole is shut. Fireball XL5 escaped from it just in the nick of time! All take a huge sigh of relief.

Colonel Zodiac:

Phew! We made it!

Fireball, in our space, flies back home towards Earth.