Scene 12 - What all that was about

Somewhere else in deep space, the ship maintains its present course. Robert is flying Fireball back home. Meanwhile, back in the lounge, the rest of the Fireball team are cooling down – relaxed. They have all cleaned up and are present in their normal uniforms.

Colonel Zodiac:

Well, Space City has been contacted on our return. And we'll be home in six hours.

Professor Matic:

Yeah. It will be great to get back to civilization.

Commander Zero:

We were all very lucky we made it out alive that time.

Colonel Zodiac:

Yeah. We all were.

Dr. Venus:

Not all of us were, though.

Colonel Zodiac:

Say Venus, you've been crying.

She sits close to Steve.

Dr. Venus:

Zoonie! He drowned in the bog. He was dragged in.

Commander Zero:

Yeah. I guess I was kind of mean to him after all. And I never thought I would say this, but I actually miss him. Poor thing.

Zoonie:

HHOOWWWDDDYYY FFOOLLKKSSS!!!!!

Dr. Venus:

ZOONIE!

He jumps out from behind the sofa.

You're alive!

Commander Zero:

OH NO!

Professor Matic:

Hey, I thought you said he drowned.

Colonel Zodiac:

He did. But somehow he must have made it back to Fireball.

Dr. Venus:

I am so glad you are alright, Zoonie.

Colonel Zodiac:

Yeah. All of us were lucky to make it out alive. Unlike the other ships. But at least we know what happened to them.

Professor Matic:

And the terrible fate they all suffered.

Commander Zero:

Well that still leaves many unanswered questions. What matters now is what that place really was, and how we were able to cross into it.

Colonel Zodiac:

Well for a start, it's by far the deepest reach any Fireball craft has gone into the unknown. We have no idea exactly what that place really was.

Professor Matic:

Or how that wormhole was generating its power. We only just escaped in time before we were trapped there forever.

Colonel Zodiac:

Perhaps we shall know the answer to that one day, Professor. Perhaps one day we shall encounter that strange realm once again and face, for once, what we can only guess at. Perhaps another time we shall learn how that wormhole can generate and suck in matter, and who is responsible for it. We are not infallible. And even though we have such advanced technology in space travel and technology, we still cannot understand everything about the universe. Perhaps we should never the answer to everything. And we must be ready for any threat to the human race the universe throws at us. Whatever form it holds.

End.

(End credits)