Chapter 7 - The Ex

Before heading back to shore, we jumped into the water one last time. Near the back of the boat, Dylan and Jake were caught up in a splash fight with poor Riley in the middle, "stoooop" I could hear her scream while laughing along with them and trying to splash them back.

After swimming to the side of the boat, I was happily enjoying the beautiful views around me. That was until I suddenly felt hands around my waist. As I turned my neck around to see behind me, I saw Xander leaning forward, "pay back" he whispered in my ear sending chills down my spine.

He then lifted me up by my waist and dunked me underwater. When I came back up to the surface I turned my body around to face him and started splashing him while he laughed, "it's not over yet!" I said with determination while lunging at him. He tried to swim away so I had to wrap my legs around his waist to refrain him from escaping me, "do you want a piggy back ride or something?" He said chuckling, "that would be nice thank you" I said smiling along with him.

Once I got off him he turned around to face me and that's when an idea popped into my head. "Xander" I suddenly said in seductive voice (or at least tried). He looked at me curiously and intensely while I closed the distance by wrapping my arms around his neck so that our bodies would be touching underwater. He remained silent with his eyes fixated on mine as I moved my hands down to each of his shoulders, slowly and with a light touch.

As I leaned forward I felt his shoulders tense up, "pay back" I whispered in his ear before pushing him underwater by his shoulders with all the strength I could find. Before giving him the chance to come back up I swam away to join the others. Once he caught up we exchanged smirks as if to say, "well played" to each other.

The sun was slowly setting as Jake sailed the boat back to shore. Riley was keeping him company while Dylan was taking a nap at the table area. I was leaning against the rail at the back of the boat just looking out into the ocean, "hey" Xander said catching my attention as he stood next to me, "hi" I replied with a smile.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked after a few seconds of silence, "yeah sure" I said curious to know what was on his mind, "back when we were having lunch Riley covered for you" he said hesitantly, "you don't have to tell me what that was about, I just wanted to make sure you were ok" he said concerned. I turned to look back at the water and I allowed myself to take a deep breath, "it's about my ex" I said before turning back to look at him.

"We met through friends of friends and dated for about 4 months" I said looking back at the water, "I ended it because I found out he secretly recorded us having sex and showed it to his friends". I refused to look at him as I felt embarrassed, but I could see his hands tighten on the railing he was holding, "what an asshole" he said angrily, "that wasn't the worst part" I said with a nervous chuckle.

"The police got involved, took his phone and laptop away and made sure he or anyone who had seen the video didn't have any copies of it anywhere" I continued, "if he does somehow have a copy and the police finds out he will get fined and possibly be taken to court" I said still unsure of how the law worked with this type of things, "he was so angry at me for getting the police involved he started spreading rumors about me, whatever he said couldn't have been good because people started calling me a slut and the amount of random guys who would message me asking for blow jobs and what not was overwhelming and frustrating" I said trying to not think about it too much, I had done enough crying over it, "it was just easier at that point to disconnect myself from others" I concluded feeling somewhat relieved for getting it off my chest.

Turning to face him, "I actually came to Spain with Riley to escape, hoping for a fresh start" I confessed with a small smile, "but here I am almost 6 months later, at times feeling like it happened yesterday" I said more to myself after letting out a sigh.

He gently grabbed my hand and pulled me in towards him, "you're a very strong person" he said while holding me in a hug. I didn't say anything, instead I laid my forehead against his chest and buried myself more into his embrace feeling the safest I have felt in a long time.

After a couple of minutes, "I wish I could kick his ass" he muttered to himself making me smile, "then you'll be pleased to know" I said while gently pulling away from his embrace, trying not to think about how I was already missing his warm body against mine, "with his cousin's help Riley managed to sneak into his bathroom and replace all of his hair products with hair removing ones" I said with a grin, "he looked like a naked mole rat for weeks" I concluded laughing along with him.

"We better head back" I said noticing how close we were from the coast, "Nessie" he said catching my attention, "thanks for telling me" he said with a soft smile, "what can I say, you're just easy to talk to I guess" I said repeating his earlier comment about me. He laughed in return making me smile.