Chapter 14 - Hot and Cold

When I woke up I still felt hurt by Xander's behavior, but I reminded myself about the importance of self-care and positive vibes only. "If he wants to behave like that it's not my problem, I'm going to focus on enjoying the rest of my holiday" I thought to myself before getting up with a new sense of purpose.

Outfit: the below.
Hair: natural loose curls with hair clips on each side.

After getting ready I walked to Riley's room and helped myself in, "go away" She mumbled after I jumped on her while she was still asleep, "come on sleeping beauty!" I said excited, "Nessie it's barely 11am, we came back late last night remember?"...

After getting ready I walked to Riley's room and helped myself in, "go away" She mumbled after I jumped on her while she was still asleep, "come on sleeping beauty!" I said excited, "Nessie it's barely 11am, we came back late last night remember?" She complained, "come on, let's make the most of the day!" I pleaded with her, "ugh" she grunted before getting up making me grin. 

As a thank you I made her a big batch of pancakes and bacon for breakfast which of course, she drowned in maple syrup, "that can't be good for you" I teased earning myself a deadly stare. "I texted Charlie and she's happy to come over and chill by the pool" I said with a smile, "sounds good, we can watch movies too" she grinned back before stuffing her face.

Charlie was on her way so Riley and I decided to watch random episodes of Friends, "my sandwich?!" We said in unison at the same time as Ross

"Hey girls" we heard Jake say as he walked in while Xander leaned against the door frame, "how was last night?" He asked Riley. Xander looked at me before walking out of the room, "fine, whatever" I thought to myself while mentally rolling my eyes, "was good" is all Riley said in response. Just when things were getting awkward, the doorbell rang, "I'll get it!" I said walking away, "sorry girl!" I thought to myself knowing she was throwing imaginary daggers at me.

When I got to the hallway I saw Dylan shuffling towards the door as if he was a zombie, "oh hi Dylan" Charlie said with a shy smile, "hey, you're the girl from last night" he said in a groggy voice, "Charlie" she said awkwardly, "that's it!" He said with a grin as if he just figured it out by himself. I mentally facepalmed myself before intervening, "hi!" I announced my presence, "Hey Nessie, cute dress" she said smiling, "thank you" I replied, "glad to see you alive Dylan" I joked before leading the way back to the living room.

When we got back it looked as if something happened between Riley and Jake as they both had a sour expression on their faces. "Hi Charlie" Riley said lighting up as Jake walked away looking upset, only stopping to greet Charlie before leaving the room. "Let's watch a movie!" Riley said acting like nothing. Charlie and I exchanged a look, "what shall we watch?" I asked getting comfortable on the sofa knowing Riley needed a distraction.

"Be a man
We must be swift as the coursing river
Be a man
With all the force of a great typhoon
Be a man
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon"

We sang along to Mulan doing our male voice impressions, "be a maaaan" we turned around to see Dylan singing along as he walked towards us. We all exchanged a look of amusement before singing together. "Didn't know you were a fan" Riley said after the song finished, "you kidding? Love me some Disney" Dylan said grinning before casually taking a seat next to Charlie.

She smiled at him before turning her attention back to the movie, "we have to do something" Riley whispered in my ear as if reading my mind, "I know, she's so smitten and Dylan is oblivious to it" I whispered back making Riley roll her eyes.

After the movie we decided to take a swim

After the movie we decided to take a swim. From the balcony I could see Dylan splashing Charlie as she sat at the edge of the pool with her feet dipped in, laughing with him. Riley walked in wearing her bikini, "what's the plan?" She asked looking at them, "I thought about it and I think I have an idea that might just work" I replied with a smirk.

To get to the pool we had to walk through the living room where the rest of the guys were playing on the PlayStation. Riley and Jake exchanged a look and so did Xander and I, "awkward" I thought to myself.

"You know I'm here if you ever need to talk right?" I said as we laid some towels on the pool chairs, "I know, I just don't want to let a guy ruin my holiday" she said smiling, "I know what you mean" I whispered to myself, "are you referring to Xander? Because he's been acting real weird since last night" she said casually, making me freeze in place, "come on, you guys stare at each other all the times, it's obvious something is going on" she said with a smirk.

I didn't know what to say, "we could be sisters!" She continued excited making me laugh, "I don't think so, he's been avoiding me like the plague" I said shrugging my shoulders, "that asshole, I'll have a word with him!" She said turning on her heels, "no Ry!" I begged while holding onto her arm to stop her from walking any further, "let me handle this one" I asked, "fine, but if he hurts you I'll make him bald too" she said in a serious tone, "that's my girl" I said with a grin before laughing.

After a few games of volleyball in the water and splashing each other around, "I'm going to get a drink, anyone need anything?" I asked getting out of the pool, "orange juice please" Riley said with a grin as the others nodded in agreement.

Holding the orange juice bottle in one hand, I closed the fridge door and turned around only to get startled at the sight of a shirtless Xander standing behind me like some kind of sexy creep. Noticing my reaction he smirked in amusement, "excuse me" I said in a low voice walking around him.

He quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him, holding my body against his. He gently lifted my chin up with his hand and I held my breath getting lost in his dark eyes. I felt his hand lightly travel down my bare back thanks to the swimsuit cutout, making my heart race.

He stopped at my lower back and I bit my lip as he leaned forward, but before I was fully under his spell I pulled away, "you're done messing with me" I said looking straight at him. He looked hurt but I didn't care, I couldn't...  I had to look after myself, so I abandoned the orange juice bottle on the counter and walked away.