Chapter 16

Kongpop didn't let go of Arthit before they reached his room. He gently laid him down on his king-size bed but still hesitated before stepping away.

Arthit blinked for a few times, feeling his inner peace slowly leave once Kongpop stopped touching him. In a matter of seconds, he started restlessly moving around, not knowing what to do. Meanwhile, Kongpop headed to his bathroom and started filling the bath with pleasantly warm water.

Kong was still scared Arthit was traumatized and would think that no matter how hard he scrubs his body, he's dirty. On the other hand, he saw a hot bath as an option for him to relax a bit and stop feeling so uneasy.

Kongpop returned back to the bedroom in less than two minutes, but Arthit was already hugging his knees while biting his nails.

"P'Arthit, how does a hot bath sound to you? Do you think you can make it? Shall I carry you?" Kong approached him slowly and put a hand on his back. Arthit was so lost in his thoughts he failed to notice how just Kong called him. He flinched a bit when he felt his hand, but more from a surprise than an unpleasant feeling of someone touching him. Kong still quickly let go and a worried look occurred on his face.

He suddenly felt a rage rising inside him. He should have killed him in a more painful way, it was way too good for a... trash like him, to receive such mercy for his actions. Kong has never killed anyone directly before. He didn't have time to process how he felt about it, yet the anger was quickly getting out of control.

Meanwhile Arthit, desperately logging for protection and calmness he experienced while being carried by Kongpop, stopped biting his nails. No matter what was between him and Kong, he felt like a small, scared and vulnerable child who was feeling safe only in his mom's arms.

"C-can you carry me... please?" Arthit asked ashamed while his cheeks slightly flushed. He was half-whispering while hiding his face, really resembling a small child.

Kongpop's emotions that were going berserk only a moment ago all quieted down.

"Is it okay with you?" Kong needed to confirm, just to be absolutely sure. The Arthit in front of him seemed like a completely different person. Given the circumstances, it was quite understandable, but still. He wanted to kill Kongpop at all cost just a few days ago, yet now he was obediently sitting on Kong's bed, demanding to be carried.

Arthit nodded and once Kong slipped one of his hands under his bended knees and other around his back, he immediately wrapped himself around his neck.

Kongpop's eyes widened a bit in surprise but he still stood up easily, as if Arthit weighted nothing, and made his way to the bathroom.

Although Arthit's body temperature was dropping and he would definitely start shivering soon, once he felt Kong's warmth, his mind was able to rest. They entered the bathroom in no time and Kong struggled with where to put Arthit next. He then decided to gently place him on the toilet.

"U-um." Arthit made an almost and unhearable sound of dissatisfaction. It was only an instinct he did unconsciously and tightened his arms around Kong's neck.

"P'Arthit...?" Kongpop stopped midway and picked him up again, bridal style. Arthit once again didn't notice how just Kong called him and continued holding onto him with his face buried in his shoulder.

"The bath will overfill at this rate..." He commented while trying his best to close the opened tap with his leg.

"Let me do it." Arthit offered and switched weight while being still in Kong's arms. He was not expecting it and Arthit fell straight into the warm water. There was a huge splash and a big portion of the liquid ended up over surprised Kongpop.

They both exchanged looks, Arthit sitting fully dressed sitting in the bath and Kongpop severely wet standing next to the bath.

"You idiot." Arthit muttered and splashed a bit more on Kong. He was left shaken for a moment before coming to himself again. He gave Arthit a puzzled look before gently returning the attack.

"You moved, it's your fault." Kongpop muttered back while slightly smiling.

"You were the one holding me." Arthit pointed out a bit louder and made a cup from his hands. Then he let it fill with water and quickly threw it over Kongpop. He stepped back and avoided the majority of the water, which ended up falling on the floor.

"You were the one who wanted me to hold you." Kong smirked this time and headed to the sink. He poured some cold water over his hands and then sprinkled it over confused Arthit.

"I'm going to catch a cold if you continue." He pouted, not liking the cold drops piercing his body.

"You're right, I shall leave. Take off your clothes and I'll put them in the dryer later. The towels are right here." Kong pointed at one of the shells and disappeared from a smaller room with water splashed everywhere.

Arthit's cheeks and ears were burning when he covered them.

What was this idyll, romantic and playful scene about? He wondered, letting everything sink in. So many stuff has happened that day, yet his mind was starting to flood with thoughts about Kongpop. Why was he so caring? So gentle? So understanding? So careful? He treated Arthit the way he had never been treated.

Nobody has ever slit his throat, jumped out of the window with him, covered for him and rescued him, protected him, killed for him nor carried him. And here was Kongpop, suddenly doing everything in a mere three months since they first met.

Kongpop, who killed his father. Who broke their family apart, since his dad was almost never at home due to work. Who cut his long hair and put a rather ugly tattoo on him.

So why was this Kongpop looking so attractive with wet hair and clothes, which stuck to his muscular body? Why was this Kongpop undressing in the next room, while Arthit sat fully dressed in a hot bath?

Arthit's mind was a mess. His oppressed gay part suddenly showed up and he hated it more than anything.

I'm not interested in him. I hate him. I wasn't peeking at him, I know I wasn't.

Stop it, I said I wasn't!

Arthit stood up angrily which made him dizzy and his wet clothes made his body heavy.

"Kongp-....!" He called him but as soon as he stepped out of the bath, he slipped on the water he previously splashed there. Kong that appeared at the door and saw the other man struggling with his balance hurried up to help him.

They both slipped at the same time, Kongpop falling on top of Arthit.

I'm sick, but also back! Hooray ~ hope you liked it, I was feeling "fluffy" today, as I wrote it 👀

I'll correct the mistakes later, though feel free to point them out~
Thank you so much for your endless understanding and support ❤️❤️ -4lice