Chapter 4

"Why are you in such a hurry so early?" Gin asked his partner when they were practically running down a hallway.

"To see our newbie. I don't remember asking you to come with me, don't you dare to complain." Joan glared at him.

"Your alarm woke me up and I got nothing better to do. But why are we going to see him? I thought you didn't want to be involved any further with him." Gin couldn't follow his logic.

"I should really ask for a new partner and a roommate." Joan sighed and rolled his eyes. "That guy attempted to attack our boss and is still alive. He's special. We might gain some privileges if associating with him. It's a golden opportunity that I won't let anyone else take away from me."  

Gin only nodded and continued following his partner. Joan was the smarter one and this plan didn't seem so bad.

Once they reached infirmary they had in the headquarters, a crowd in the entrance stopped them from getting inside. All of the people were wearing the same clothes, dress code given by Kongpop, a black suit with a red shirt.

"What the fuck?" Joan couldn't believed that so many had the same idea as him.

"Seems like you're not the only smartass here." Gin ridiculed him only to hide his own irritation.

"Heh, let me teach you how it's done." He smirked, already having a plan in his mind.

"THE BOSS IS COMING!!!" Joan yelled from the top of his lungs and pretended to panic.

The crowd dissolved in seconds and the hallway which was  packed just moment ago became empty. Gin nodded like he was approving of his behavior and they both finally entered the small health center.

Finding Arthit wasn't an issue as there was only one big, shared room. The beds were separated by a thin, white curtain so no real privacy was provided. It was for a good reason since the nurses were able to detect any issue or emergency with the patient easier.

Arthit was placed the furthest away, near a wall with a small window. He had a bandage around his neck and was currently sitting with a spaced-off expression.

"Move aside, you can't stand in the door!" Joan and Gin heard from behind and instinctively moved forward. Two nurses with a man on stretchers rushed in. May, the head doctor, followed them.

"Will I survive? I have to, I'm too young and handsome... my face is still too precious!" The man cried and demanded an answer from May.

"Of course you'll live, idiots don't die so easily." She smacked his head and the three of them transferred him on the bed.

"It seems very serious this time! In any case, call my mom and tell her that her favorite son died in an accident, while saving someone. I'll make you proud, mom!!" The man yelled with his hand raised in the air.

"Shut it, will you? Isn't that your injured hand?" May smacked him again and looked on his hand that was dripping blood everywhere.

"Bright!! Where is he? Did he finally die?!" More people rushed in the room and pushed observing Joan and Gin aside.

"Who said that? Prem?! Just you wait, you bastard, you're the dead one here!" Bright jumped on his bed and yelled, which resulted in him getting smacked more.

"False emergency, he ain't cold. I hope you haven't opened the champagne yet, Tutah!" Knot joked around and the room echoed with laughter. Even Arthit turned his attention to the drama happening in front of him.

"You didn't listen to my advice." Joan finally got the chance to approach him. Arthit ignored him completely and lied down.

"Oy, I don't like silent treatment. We haven't even introduced ourselves, so let me do it now. I'm Joan and this scary looking bro is Gin. Let's get along since we're family now." Joan extended his hand but quickly backed away. Arthit's look was so terrifying it could be compared to Kongpop's.