04

김태형
📍박지민's apartment
-
"jimin! jimin wake up!" i yelled repeatedly but he never answered. "shit, don't die on me!" i quickly dialed 119.

"hello, what's your emergency?" the woman receptionist asked on the other end of the line.

"yes, hello, my friend just collapsed. his name is park jimin and he's 23 years old. i'm in his apartment right now, his address is 613 springday avenue and he lives on the fourth floor. he, he has hanahaki disease. he's had it for two years now and it's getting worse," i gave her all the needed information.

"alright, thank you for calling. an ambulance is on their way. stay with your friend and the paramedics will be right with you. what's your name sir?" she asked.

"kim taehyung," i replied.

"alright, mr. kim taehyung. the ambulance is almost there, you can call us back if anything else happens."

"okay. have a good night, ma'am," i replied and the call ended. i checked up on jimin again. his face was much paler and skinnier than before. "jimin, please hold on, the ambulance is on their way."

then, i heard knocks on the door and i quickly opened the door for the paramedics. "are you mr. kim taehyung?" one of them asked.

"yes, it's me. jimin's in the bathroom," i said and led the way for them.

when they saw him they immediately put him on the stretcher. "how long has he been unconscious?" the same paramedic asked as the other checked his pulse and breathing.

i checked the time on my phone. 5:25am. "around an hour," i replied.

"he's still breathing, and his pulse is slow but he should be able to make it to the hospital in time," the female paramedic said. we all left the apartment and i locked the door before we made our way to the hospital. i prayed to God that jimin would be alright.

"so you said mr. park has hanahaki disease, correct?" the male paramedic asked and i nodded. "for how long?"

"two years," i replied.

"ah, i see. usually after two years the person diagnosed with hanahaki's lungs have more roots in them, which blooms more petals and sometimes even full flowers. has he ever coughed up full flowers?"

"only last night..." i remembered. "last night was the first time he coughed full flowers."

we arrived at the hospital and we brought jimin to the ER. i was told to wait in the waiting room for results of jimin's x-ray to find out if he needed an emergency surgery or not.

"mr. kim taehyung?" a doctor called out. i stood up and walked over to him. "my name is doctor song sungjin, i'll be jimin's doctor for now," he said and i shook his hand. from the results of his x-rays, the roots are taking up more and more space in his lungs; half of his lungs are now composed of roots. however, he doesn't need an emergency surgery as they haven't occupied 75% or more of his total lung capacity. he's in his recovery room now, which is on the sixth floor, room 13. we've given him some painkillers and he has an oxygen mask to help him breathe more. if he decides to take the surgery let us know immediately."

"alright. thank you doctor," i said and bowed. he did the same and left. i rushed to the elevator and rode up to the ninth floor, then walked until i found the third room. i slowly went inside, grabbing a mask and washing my hands. i sat down beside his bed. he was asleep, the oxygen mask around his mouth and needles in his arms, for the IV and the morphine ( it's the painkillers y'all!! ). i sighed, the room was quiet except for the constant beeping of his heart monitor.

i was currently 6:20am. i texted namjoon hyung, seokjin hyung and jeongguk, the others who knew about jimin's hanahaki besides me, and told them to come.

KIM LINE 🤪✨

baby kim 🥺💞
hyungs, i'm at the hospital.
jimin was coughing full
flowers earlier this morning.
come quick if you can, and
don't tell yoonseok hyungs.

eomma kim 🥰💘
OHMYGOSH WHAT

eomma kim 🥰💘
IS JIMIN OKAY

appa kim 🤩🥵
which hospital are you
guys in? we'll be on
our way

appa kim 🤩🥵
and we won't tell yoonseok.
don't worry

baby kim 🥺💞
we're in seoul general,
9th floor room 3

eomma kim 🥰💘
ok we're coming, i'm buying
us some breakfast meals
from mcdeez

baby kim 🥺💞
buy one for gguk too
please! i'll call him
because he never texts
lol

i dialed jeongguk's phone number, hoping he'd answer. luckily, he answered on the second ring.

[ PHONE CALL BETWEEN TAEHYUNG AND JEONGGUK ]

guide:
italics = jeongguk
underlined = taehyung

"hello?"

"jeongguk, come to seoul general hospital now. i'm here with jimin. namjoon hyung and seokjin hyung are on their way."

"oh my gosh, is jimin hyung okay?! what happened?!"

"he coughed full flowers. now come fast, we're on floor 9 room 3. don't tell yoonseok hyungs."

"i-i won't. i'm on my way."

CALL ENDED
2:39

i turned my phone off and waited for the three others to come. around ten minutes later i heard the door open and namjoon hyung, seokjin hyung and jeongguk came in. they set the bag of mcdonald's down beside me and we took our breakfast out. "how'd you get here so quick?" i asked jeongguk.

"hyungs saw me walk out of my building and offered for a ride," the younger explained. i nodded and we all ate our food. a nurse came in and placed a tray of food on the table for jimin to eat. we thanked her and waited for jimin to wake up.