13

a lil yoonmin chapter, there will be more coming! thanks for the support :) enjoy reading!

the next morning, only yoongi visited jimin to check up on him. he brought with him the sweet breads namjoon and seokjin brought the day before, knowing the younger loved them. a smile made its way to his face as he gazed at the sleeping boy. he was determined to get rid of jimin's hanahaki. he hoped everything would work out the way he had planned it.

jimin's eyes opened and he smiled as soon as he saw yoongi sitting beside him. "hi hyung."

"hi jimin," yoongi replied with a soft smile as well. "how are you feeling?"

"i'm feeling better, i only coughed a few times last night," jimin said as he slowly sat up. "oh! you brought the sweet breads!" he said excitedly, eyes lighting up as he took the box and propped it onto his lap.

"i'll help you with it," yoongi said as he took a piece of bread and split it in half, one for himself and the other for the sick boy. they ate together, jimjn still gushing about how delicious the food was. yoongi chuckled, but agreed nonetheless.

"h-hyung, garbage," jimin suddenly said when he felt his chest tighten. yoongi acted fast and brought the garbage can close to jimin so he could cough out the flowers that were clogging his airways. the younger panted and wheezed when he finished and the older wiped his face with a tissue and gave him some water.

"have you taken your pills?" yoongi asked, eyeing the small container containing jimin's medication. take one pill daily before breakfast was written on the label.

"not yet..." jimin admitted. he reached for the container and popped a pill into his mouth, downing it with some water. he took another loaf of sugary bread and ate it before lying back down on his bed.

yoongi sat in silence, watching jimin. "you should get some rest," he said, sitting on the edge of the younger's bed.

"i'll try," the younger said and closed his eyes. he felt yoongi's body lay down beside him, and then the older's arms were wrapped around jimin's body. he swore he felt his airways clear up and butterlfies erupt in his stomach.

"if you can't fall asleep, listen to my heartbeat," yoongi said, resting his chin on top of jimin's head. the younger was glad that yoongi couldn't notice the pink shade dusted on his cheeks. despite all of this, he closed his eyes and fell asleep to yoongi's heartbeat and calming breaths.

—•—

a few hours later, jimin woke up to the smell of chicken noodle soup. yoongi was sitting at the chair beside his bed, sleeping soundly. jimin smiled at the sight and opened his foldable table and set the soup on it. he took his chopsticks and ate. "ah, so good," he whispered to himself as he continued eating his lunch. when he finished, he placed it on the nightstand beside him and drank some water to wash everything down.

yoongi was still asleep. "hyung, you should eat lunch now, wake up," jimin said, shaking him slightly. the older peeled his tired eyes open and rubbed them. "i ate lunch already. go eat, hyung."

"mm," yoongi hummed in response. he stood up still half-asleep and made his way out of the room and rode down the elevator until he reached the ground floor. he bought instant ramyeon from the convenience store and another bottle of water, along with some packs of mochi he found, the sugary desserts reminding him of jimin. when he paid for all of his items he went back upstairs and into jimin's room, where he was found scrolling through his phone. "what are you looking at?" yoongi asked.

"ah, just some old pictures," jimin said with a smile as he stumbled upon a picture of him and yoongi making funny faces. the picture was from four years ago, when jimin didn't have hanahaki and feelings for yoongi.

back when life was easier for them both.

"show me," yoongi said, sitting beside jimin after boiling some water for his cup noodle. the younger handed him his cellphone and the older looked at the picture. "wah, this was so long ago."

"yeah, it was four years ago

"yeah, it was four years ago. i checked the date, and apparently it's been exactly four years since we took that picture," jimin replied.

"yah, we were so young," yoongi said as he looked closer.

jimin chuckled at the older's reaction, the way his eyes widened and his gummy smile made its way to his face. everything about yoongi was cute to the younger.

yoongi caught jimin staring, and the younger quickly looked away. yoongi chuckled softly at his reaction and handed him back his phone, taking his cup noodle and stirring the contents with his chopsticks. he slurped and sighed in satisfaction. "wah, i've missed this," he said.

and so jimin and yoongi spent the rest of their day eating, talking and taking care of the younger. when visiting hours were over yoongi bid jimin goodnight and went home.

jimin smiled for the umpteenth time today, he was happy that he got to spend an entire day with the person he loved. he washed up and got ready to sleep, yoongi still on his mind.