09

writing this made me sad

also THIS IS THE CHAPTER I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN CHAPTER 8 SO PREPARE YOURSELVES

today was the day jimin was meeting up with yoongi, and he was a nervous wreck. he was currently at the café near his building, sipping on his caramel macchiato and waiting for the older male to arrive. it was seven in the evening, the only time they were both available to meet.

the sound of the bell ringing snapped jimin out of his thoughts as he looked up at the door to meet yoongi's gaze, and butterflies erupted in his stomach. the older smiled, and the younger returned his gesture.

"i'll just go get a coffee, okay?" yoongi said. jimin nodded and the older went to order his drink. jimin was recollecting himself and telling himself to calm down. when yoogi picked up his order, he made his way to the table jimin was seated at and sat across from him. "so, is everything okay?"

"not exactly, hyung," jimin said. he let out a shaky sigh. "it's been three years since i've had hanahaki now. three since yesterday. and i figured you deserve to know the whole story because it's time you know. so please don't interrupt me, please wait until i'm finished for you to ask your questions. and please don't feel bad for me. okay?" yoongi nodded, listening carefully.

"so, when i was diagnosed with hanahaki disease i immediately thought of every person i was friends with and crossed out those with whom i never thought of falling in love with. until i thought of one person, and then it all made sense.

"i always thought of that person as an older brother to me, but then i started feeling different about them after a few years and i realized that i had already fallen, because i started to see them in a different way. and i couldn't stop myself from loving them, well, because i already did. i loved everything about them, from the way they smiled and laughed, their personality, their way of encouraging others, the way they always made me smile and laugh, the way they're always there for me no matter what to make sure i'm alright... and that's when i found out who it was. i didn't want this to happen, i didn't know i already fell for them until i started to cough up rose petals. hyung...

"that person is you."

yoongi was still trying to process what jimin just said. "w-what?"

"hyung, i love you. you're the person i love, but unfortunately, also the reason why i'm like this," jimin smiled sadly as a tear escaped his eye.

"jimin, i'm so sorry..." yoongi said as he ran his hands through his hair, a troubled expression on his face.

"no, don't be sorry. i always said i'd rather die remembering that i loved you than getting a surgery and forgetting i ever did. because loving you was one of the best things i did in my life," jimin replied. he stood up and threw away his cup. "thank you for everything, hyung." then he ran out of the café.

"jimin, wait!" yoongi followed him.

jimin stopped midway because he couldn't breathe anymore. he then started coughing up flowers and blood until his body felt weak and everything went black.

"JIMIN!" yoongi shouted as he ran to pick him up. "jimin, don't do this, come on, wake up... please..." his voice broke and he fished out his phone to call 119.