10

the door of jimin's hospital room opened and yoongi snapped his head up. standing at the doorway were the other five boys. yoongi stood up and taehyung walked in first.

"did he tell you everything?" he asked. the older daegu male nodded.

"i still can't believe it... i'm the one who's causing all of this... it's all my fault," yoongi said as he slumped in his chair. hoseok went to sit beside him and held his hand, but yoongi pulled away. "not right now, hoseok."

the other male was taken aback at his lover's sudden distance, but nodded nonetheless. "if anything's bothering you, you can tell me. you know that, right?"

"yeah. thanks," yoongi said with a small, forced smile. he knew he had to tell hoseok, so he made a mental note to tell him after visiting jimin.

after a few minutes dr. song came into the room to check up on jimin. "has anything happened to him lately?"

yoongi stood up. "doctor, can we discuss this outside?" he asked and doctor song nodded. the two of them stepped outside the hospital room.

"so, what happened to mr. park?"

"we met up earlier at a café and he explained everything to me... and i'm the reason why he has hanahaki disease," yoongi mumbled the last part. "after telling me everything he left and i ran after him, but he started coughing up roses and then he blacked out."

"ah, i see... does he still refuse to take the surgery?" doctor song asked, earning a nod from yoongi. "well, his heart is getting weaker and weaker, and so far the decision is still in his hands. i know you guys are a tight group of friends, so i'm asking you to keep a close eye on him. i'll relay the information to the others," he said. yoongi nodded and followed him.

"wait, doctor," he started. "can we keep secret that i'm the cause of his hanahaki? you see... i have a boyfriend. he's in that room right now and i don't want him finding out from another person, i want it to come from me. i'm sure the others know, but my boyfriend doesn't. can we please not mention that tonight?"

"yes, i won't tell them that you're the cause of jimin's hanahaki," doctor song reassured yoongi with a pat on the shoulder. the younger male nodded and they both went back in the room, song explaining everything to the boys.

"we'll keep checking on jimin, and we'll come back if it's necessary," seokjin said. they all bowed to the doctor, who did the same before leaving. the room was now quiet, except for jimin's heart monitor beeping every once in a while.

"i'm gonna go get some air," yoongi said. he stood up and left the room, rode the elevator until he reached the main floor and left the hospital. he found a bench beside the main entrance of the building and sat down. he stared up at the sky and sighed deeply. his heart was heavy and all he could think of was how he could possibly save jimin. but, nothing came to his mind.

he looked down and a tear escaped his eye, then two, then three, then a tsunami of tears made their way on the concrete below him. his body shook with every sob he emitted and he held his head in his hands. he couldn't stop crying.

how could i be so clueless? how didn't i notice the signs? i'm so stupid... of all the people in my life, why did it have to be jimin? why did he have to suffer from all of this because of me? jimin-ah... i'm so sorry... you don't deserve all of this pain... if only i could take it all away i would, but i don't think i can... i'm so, so, so, so, so sorry jimin...

yoongi heard footsteps behind him and he silenced his cries. he heard the person sit down beside him and sigh. "hyung," the person said. he looked up through red, puffy eyes and saw jeongguk.

"jeongguk-ah..." yoongi said before being pulled into a tight hyung from the maknae.

"i know it's hard, but i know you're going to be okay. jimin hyung is going to be okay, no matter what happens. we're all here for each other," he said. yoongi nodded as his head rested on his shoulder and he sniffed.

"thank you, jeongguk-ah," the older said as the two boys pulled away from each other. jeongguk gave a small smile, handing him a water bottle and tissues.

"drink some and wipe your face," he suggested. yoongi chuckled before opening the bottle and gulping down some water. he then went over the trash can and dampened the tissues before wiping his face with it. he threw them away and closed the bottle and went back to jimin's hospital room with jeongguk.

"everything okay hyung?" namjoon asked when the two came back. yoongi nodded, his gaze returning to jimin's sleeping figure. "a nurse came by and said he should wake up tomorrow. let's go home, it's been a long day."

on that note, everyone went home to rest. however, yoongi asked hoseok if he could stay the night, to which he gladly accepted.

but hoseok didn't know he was going to receive the biggest news of his life.