12

yoongi and hoseok were still fast asleep. yoongi was the first to wake up and he admired hoseok's features, to which he smiled sadly. he was going to miss waking up beside hoseok, but it was the only way to save jimin without having to force him into surgery. yes, it sounded silly and dumb to leave hoseok just to save jimin's life, but he knew no matter how much he would try to persuade him, he couldn't change his mind.

hoseok-ah, i'm sorry... please be happy, he thought to himself.

"stop staring at me, you're piercing lasers into my soul," hoseok said groggily and yoongi chuckled.

"we should eat breakfast now," he said. hoseok nodded and the two of them stood up and went to the kitchen, where yoongi fried eggs and cooked rice. they ate while talking, and when they finished the older male washed the dishes while hoseok went to get ready in the bathrom. yoongi went back to his room and cchanged in a grey tee pared with some ripped jeans and a camo sweater. he ran a comb through his hair and checked his appearance in the mirror, satisfied with what he came up with.

 he ran a comb through his hair and checked his appearance in the mirror, satisfied with what he came up with

hoseok knocked on the door. "come in," yoongi called out and the door opened, revealing hoseok wearing a white tee with a striped collar and some black pants.

 "come in," yoongi called out and the door opened, revealing hoseok wearing a white tee with a striped collar and some black pants

"ready to go now?" he asked. yoongi nodded and they left his bedroom, putting on their shoes and slinging their bags over their shoulders and leaving yoongi's apartment. they got into yoongi's car and drove off to the hospital.

—•—

meanwhile, at the hospital, taehyung and jeongguk were in jimin's room, waiting for him to wake up while they were eating choco buns and drinking their coffee. jimin's stomach rose and fell with every breath he took, he had an oxygen mask around his mouth and his heart monitor beeped steadily. doctor song was checking up on him when taehyung and jeongguk came in, and he updated them on his condition.

jimin had only three weeks left to live. he was now confined in the hospital so it was easier for them to check up on him.

the door to his room opened, and yoongi and hoseok entered the room.

"hi hyungs," jeongguk says with a small smile, probably the first time he's smiled in a few days. the two smiled back and sat down near jimin's bed. "so, what's up with you guys?"

yoongi and hoseok exchanged a glance, before the older spoke up. "we broke up."

"what?" taehyung said. "no way... why? you guys were going three years strong..."

"it's my only way to save jimin, other than forcing him into surgery, which he'll do anything to not get it," yoongi said with a sad smile. taehyung nodded and everyone's attention went to the sleeping boy.

jimin stirred in his sleep. "eomma..." he said and opened his eyes, squinting at the brightness of the room.

"jimin-ah," taehyung said. "are you okay?"

jimin looked to his right, and then to his left, and nodded. he saw yoongi, who gave him a small smile, and felt flowers coming up his throat. he sat up abruptly and he coughed violently as taehyung held a garbage can so the flowers didn't end up on the bed. jimin fell back onto his bed, panting for air as his lung capacity was getting smaller and smaller and his heart was also getting weaker and weaker.

jeongguk handed him a bottle of water and his medication, which he took and drank the water slowly so as to not choke and end up regurgitating more flowers and blood. he wiped his mouth afterwards and set the bottle on his nightstand. he then lay back down on his bed, recovering from the coughs. he was exhausted, he had been coughing all night long, to the point where a nurse had to stay in his room to keep watch over him.

"i wanna go home," he croaked. "but i can't because i'm stuck here for the rest of my days." a tear slipped from his left eye, psychologically speaking, when the first tear comes out of your left eye it signifies pain. he quickly wiped it away and sighed.

"it's gonna be okay," yoongi said while holding his hand sympathetically. suddenly, jimin felt as if the flowers cleared his airways and he could breathe easier. he smiled slightly while giving the older's hand a reassuring squeeze.

everyone noticed the little change in jimin's behaviour, and they smiled at that. yoongi's idea was working.

the door opened to reveal namjoon and seokjin, both wearing soft smiles on their faces and each holding a box of sweet bread. "jiminnie annyeong~!" the eldest said, making jimin laugh.

"hello to you too, hyung," he replied as the two settle down. "ooh, can i try some of the bread?"

"sure! here, i'll put one on your plate," namjoon said as he took a loaf of sugar-coated bread and placed it on jimin's plate.

he took a bite and his eyes widened. "wah, this is so good! where did you get it?"

"the bakery near my house," namjoon replied as jimin munched on his bread. when he finished, yoongi handed him the water bottle and he drank again. they continued conversing until doctor song came in to check on jimin.

"you seem to have gained some strength, jimin. that's great," he said with a smile. "i'll leave you guys alone for now, i'll come back in a few hours to check him up again." everyone nodded and the doctor left the room.

"so, who's down for a game of uno?" hoseok proposed as he fished out the pack of cards.

and so the one-hour game began. jimin had coughed up flowers a few times, but the frequency was different. he didn't throw up every half hour like he usually did, he only did when his emotions were too much for him to handle and when he didn't feel well. doctor song was happy with how he was improving. the seven boys couldn't wait for him to get better, and eventually be discharged, if everything is okay.

yoongi was gazing at jimin as he made a promise to both himself and the sick boy. jimin, i promise you, i'll try my best to help you get rid of your hanahaki.