Chapter 3: Boxers

I'm swimming in a pool of barbeque sauce. Logan is cooking steaks at the side, happily humming a tune from some new song he heard. He smiles when he sees me and with one quick motion, he's on the edge of the pool. I laugh and pull him towards me playfully, splattering the brown liquid everywhere.  There is sauce on his chest and I draw slow circles on it with my finger. I lean in and just as our lips our centimeters away from each other--

"Belley!" Someone said in a singsong tune, followed by loud, annoying knocks on my windowpane.

Shit. I had another nightmare about that doofus! 

"Have you been dreaming about barbeque sauce again?"

"Go away!" 

"Aww... but I climbed a long way just to see you!"

I sighed loudly and opened the window. "What do you want?!"

Logan chuckled. "I figured that if I'm going to spend two whole days with my best friend, I might as well start early. Time is gold, you know."

I rolled my eyes and stepped back to let him in. "Okay, but don't expect me to feed you."

"Your mom would." He said matter-of-factly. "Nice boxers", he said as he was on his way to my bed.

"I didn't let you in to comment on my choice of sleepwear, you know." I was suddenly conscious about what I was wearing. The way he always finds a way to make me blush infuriates me.

"I know but you shouldn't let a guy with a girlfriend inside your room all alone at this time of the day wearing only those", he said with a smirk as he grabbed the remote to watch ESPN. 

"Why would I worry about you? You're my best friend. Plus, you're too much of a doofus to make a move." My face was getting hotter by the second. "I bet your little girlfriend, Lindsey, lets you in her room wearing only her underwear."

"But boxers are a form of underwear!" He laughed without looking at me.

"Oh, you know what I mean!" I snapped, already annoyed by him. "Maybe she wears thongs, for all I know!"

Logan raised an eyebrow slightly with a hint of amusement in his eyes. "What if she does?" He stood up and walked closer towards me. "And why does little miss Belley seem to be affected by it too much?" 

He was so close that I could feel his breath on my cheek. "B-because you're a doofus!" I pushed his chest away and walked briskly towards the door. "I-I'm going to get ready for the photoshoot now! Don't steal anything!" Don't steal anything? What the hell was that? 

"Hey Belley!" 

"What?!" 

"You forgot your clothes." He was laughing as he held them up.

"Give me those!" I yanked them away from him and stormed off with the little that's left of my dignity. I swear that my face was already like the shade of an overripe tomato. And even though I wasn't looking at him, I could feel that that annoying grin of his was plastered on his face as he watched me go.