Chapter 7

Clark gave me his strength, Why would he do that? Even if I could do that, I don't think I could do it for anyone . He is being too nice to me and he is making me like him more and more, but I am sure he doesn't like me, maybe it was just for charity. Yeah, I am sure, he just pities me. I decide to start talking to Mara, because I an sure she is uncomfortable sitting beside Ken .

After talking to Mara for a while, I feel Clark rest his head on my shoulder, when I look down, he had slept . I brush away the stray strand of hair resting on his face and then the driver enters the bus followed by our home room teacher and some other teachers. Well, It's about time .

The driver starts the bus, and we hit the road, We still have a long way to go because this drive is for six fucking hours. When we got there, everyone was exhausted, we were tired of sitting down in the car seat. Mara looked frustrated because Ken had been trying to start a conversation with her throughout the Journey, but she had been preventing the conversation from going further by giving just short and simple answers but he didn't seem to back down and it has really been grating on her nerves, I am sure it took a lot for her not to have cursed at him.

Mara has always been impatient with the people she does not like. If I am not mistaken, I think that Ken is beginning to like Mara, the way he looks at her is kinda different, but I am sure Mara would not notice, she likes playing Love doctor but, when someone likes her she doesn't notice unless I tell her of course.

Immediately the bus stopped and our teacher stepped out, the other students practically ran out of the bus at the same time. Someone would think there had been a prison break or something. Miss Tia Smith, one of the teachers that came with us , asked every one to set up their tents first. She called out our groups, I was with Mara,while Clark was with Ken . I was used to being with Mara but I was worried about Clark being with Ken . I didn't want Clark to be with any of Jigs' friends, but I guess I have no choice. I start setting up the tent with Mara, when we are almost done, Clark comes over to help .

When we are done, It is almost nighttime Mara and I leave our tent to try to catch some fish, but we weren't getting any fish . Clark came over to help, but he was followed by Ken. I noticed Mara shift uncomfortably, I think Ken notices too,but he sits down beside her anyways . There was an awkward silence, I start a conversation so as to break the silence, "who is watching the nickelodeon series : Henry Danger?" Trust me to always break an awkward silence with talk about television series and movies. At least, I said something. From there,we all started talking about other stuff. I noticed that Ken was directing all his questions at Mara and even when answering other questions, he looks at Mara.

I notice that Mara looked uncomfortable,she Just keeps staring at one direction and she doesn't look at him at all. While we were all talking, Jigs comes to meet Clark that they should have a competition ; catching fish. The competition was slated to hold the day after but I told Clark not to do it, I didn't want Clark getting involved with Jigs.

But everyone else started getting involved and Clark had to agree. After Clark agreed, Jigs left it was more like he had a purpose for trying to compete with Clark. Jigs always wants to prove that he is better than everyone else, he is so stuck up, ugh, how was I able to date someone like him? We went back to our tents and met the other students roasting marshmallows, and we Joined in of course. The best thing about camping is roasting marshmallows, thank goodness we bought a lot.

I had to teach Clark how to roast marshmallows, it was fun. We waited out late,drank soda,and sang some songs. We then went to bed. When I got to the tent, I met a sleeping Mara, I didn't even know when she left. I lie down to sleep,but then I think about Clark, is he doing okay? I get out of the tent to look for Clark, I met him sitting under a tree, he was closing his eyes and mumbling to himself, I went closer to him and realised that he was having a nightmare. I walked quickly to him and held his hands, they were all shaky and sweaty. When I held his hands, he jerked up and looked me in the eyes
"Leah?"

"Yeah, It's me. Are you okay?"

Without even answering my question, Clark leaned closer to me and then placed his lips on mine. It was slow but it still managed to make the butterflies in my tummy all Jumpy. I was shocked at first, but I soon recovered and then went with the flow. I know one thing for sure; I can never get tired of kissing Clark. When we stopped kissing, he was still shivering, he told me he dreamt about his mother being harmed, I hugged and comforted him. We were there for a while, when I was about to leave, Clark asked the most shocking question;

"would you go out with me?"

I was too shocked that I couldn't speak. When I finally found my tongue, I asked him why, I had to. He told me that he liked me and that he really wanted me to be happy. I couldn't believe my ears, I like Clark and he likes me too? Or is this some other thing he watched in a movie? I hugged him and agreed to date him. I had a good feeling about agreeing. So now it's official; I am dating Clark.
**********
Please if you have any book covers, can you send them to me? My email;ayodeleomoleoluwaseun8@gmail.com