Chapter 12

I dedicate this chapter to;Capri5211 ,-angelgrande ,--Utah ,-MissMysterious ,-bokvar- , -saira , -netfIix , Wattgeria , WattpadBooks  and lastly: Wattpad for making this platform for writers to make their stories public.

Today it is, the D-day. When I woke up, Clark had already gone to dress up, couldn't sleep much I guess. I got up to dress, I wore a white  short-sleeved crop top and a pleated dark blue mini skirt that goes up to my waist and some wedge heels. I only used a teeny-weeny bit of make-up; some mascara and lipstick. After breakfast, I left for school with Clark after waving goodbye to James.

The competition was to start at ten o'clock at our school's basketball court. We had only an hour, some guys on team were warming up as well as the cheerleaders and their mascot, some guys were praying , Sean; a member of our team was crying, says; "being anxious makes my tear duct over function" weird right? Mara was beside me, she was unusually jittery, it didn't help matters that I was anxious as well. In fact, everyone in our school including principal Gary and sport-illiterate; Mr Studman was anxious. I looked around for Clark, when I spotted him, I ran to hug him, he hugged me back and kissed the top of my head. Ken covered his eyes and continued yelling; PDA!
I had to roll my eyes. I wished all the team members good luck and went back to Mara. I asked her to go wish Ken good luck, she refused, so I pushed her towards Ken. She looked back at me with alarm written all over her face and I smirked, serves ya right bestie.

Ken went to meet her as always, he talked to her, she responded and suddenly she hugged him. You could see surprise written all over Ken's face but he quickly got over it and hugged her back. Playing matchmaker really helped after all.
I began to notice people trooping into our school, I checked the time and discovered it was 9;45am, just 15 minutes more, just then west roof high school's bus arrived. They ran down the bus screaming victory, we hadn't started the game yet and they were already screaming victory? Why are they so confident?
Little by little, people started arriving and by  9;55am, the place was so crowded, you could barely move, thank goodness I got a good spot with Mara beside me. The cheerleaders started their cheerleading, when they were done, the audience began to clap, and then both team members began jogging into the court. That's when I saw him; Clark. MY CLARK, with a smile on his face but a determined look in his eyes. I really wanted them to win.

The first half of the game started, we could only hear cheers from the other side of the court, where those from west roof sat, I looked   around and noticed the forlorn looks on every face around me. I also looked at the faces of the guys on our team, they looked frustrated. It was as if west roof knew what they wanted to play before they played it,  even the new techniques that coach Horton supposedly invented, something smells fishy. After the first half ended, with west roof leading us with forty two points, I stood up to check on Clark at the guys locker room, I heard Clark and Jigs arguing or more like; Clark talking calmly while Jigs screams his lungs out.

"Jigs, listen to me, we can't win this way. They already seem to know our moves so we have to change the arrangements and confuse them a little. We have to__"

"Shut the fuck up Clark are you the captain or me?"

I clenched my fist in anger, must Jigs take everything personal?