It Can't Be

I wake up to a continuous beep sound. I look around to see someone fiddling in my room. "What-- where am I?" I ask the someone. "Hello Alison. You are in the hospital. You--" I cut her off. "Hospital? No, I must still be in a dream." I blink a few times to figure I'm not.

"This can't be true?" I say in a very confused voice as to why I am in this hospital bed. "Alison. Someone pushed you at your School Social and you have ended up here." In this hospital bed? Pushed? Ended up here? Is this a joke? "What? No. You are tricking me, right?"

At that moment, someone walked into the room. My eyes scanned the person up and down. Oh, it's dad. Hopefully, he thinks that boarding school was an awful idea and he'd take me back home!

"Hey sweetie. How are you feeling?" He says. "Well, first of all, I can't even remember what happened and second of all, what are you doing here?" Dad looks at me worriedly. "Sweetheart, someone pushed you and you have broken your arm. You have been resting ever since last night." "But--Dad, what time is it?" "6:00 in the night." What?! I wish I could rest that long normally!

My head is pounding! I touched my head and grunted. "Headache, sweetheart?" Why is dad giving me the sweetheart treatment? "Yeah..." The nurse returned and gave me Panadol. I immediately fell into a deep sleep. No, not because of the Panadol, just because I felt sleepy (surprisingly).

*****

My eyes flutter up and down as I just wake up. "Hey..." "Dad?" "No. Joey." Oops. That was a tad embarrassing.

A question randomly popped up in my sore head. "Who pushed me?" He looks at me sadly. "Well?" I said. The nurse walked in with jelly and unfortunately interrupted an important conversation. "Sorry, hope I didn't interrupt anything!" Well you did. This boarding school is making me go ruder, not better!

Joey and I talked more. "It really isn't my place to really tell you..." "What?! Yes it is. You were there!" Woah, I probably shouldn't of gone that hard on him. "I'm so-sorry. I'm just really frustrated." I say full of guilt. "Understandably." He says. I nod. I really need to know who pushed me because it's starting to really irritate me and soon I'm going to snap at someone just like I did to Joey!

"Ms. Lamshack is coming to see you soon so get prepared..." Joey's concerned eyes gaze into mine. Oh wow. Bare blue dreamy eyes. Beautiful. Oops. Back to the point, Alison. "Oh, um, thanks." I ruin the staring moment.

Joey chuckled. "What?" I ask curiously. "You just look funny and I guess cute in hospital clothes." "SHUT UP. The last place I want to be is here!" We both laughed quietly. Then it started to get really awkward. I'm not talking yeah whatever awkward. This is SO awkward. Anyway, I think you get my point.

Just to break the very awkward silence, Ms. Lamshack click clacks in with her heels. "Excuse me, Joey." Ms. Lamshack whispered to Joey. "Well, your excused." I hear Joey whisper back. I felt like laughing but held back.

"Hi there Miss Maxwell." "Please just call me Ali or Alison." I say in agitation. "Okay. I wanted to talk about the accident at the school social." Well, duh! Why else would you be here? "Who pushed me?" I say in a high pitch tone. "We aren't talking that far yet." Yes, yes we are! "Was it Kaycee?" Another question after another. "I said we aren't that far yet, Alison." "Are you serious? I have been sitting here for two days in curiosity just wondering. Would you like to be in my shoes, Ms. Lamshack?" Told you I'd snap. "We aren't jumping to conclusions, Alison!" I finally give up to fighting with her.

She just kept talking crap until she finally was going to tell me who pushed me. "Now, this person is already in big trouble and I don't want you getting in trouble with her." Knew it. Kaycee. "I don't want you getting angry at this person. It was a new student at our school." New student? "It was Emilee Kenan. " "What? No? She's my friend! No! No! No!" "It was her." "NO. She wouldn't do that!"

Ms. Lamshack has to be wrong. Has to be! Infact, she is wrong!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there guys!

OH MY GOSH, THANKYOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF YOU! A few days ago, I had only 64 reads and now I have 93! I know it may not be much but to me, it's heaps. THANKS HEAPS, ONCE AGAIN!

Question: Do you think Ms. Lamshack is lying about Emilee pushing Ali?

Thanks (once again), Juanita xx