The Jaw-Dropping Destination

Today is the picnic with Joey. I am a little nervous and you really can't blame me.

It could either turn out really great or really bad, or inbetween.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shower time. I bring in my iPhone dock and turn on my favourite song (Steal my girl by One Direction) and put it on replay.

One Direction will hopefully get these butterflies out of my tummy.

"Everybody wanna steal my girl! Everybody wanna take her heart away!"

Gotta love that song!

Anyway, I hop out of the shower and wrap the towel around my wet body.

What to wear?

Jeans? No, it's too hot. Maybe, I'll wear a dress. I search my draws and find a pretty, baby blue, knee length dress with my yellow converse.

I put on some make-up - mascara and foundation.

I hear three knocks. It must be Joey!

I look in the mirror and say good luck Ali.

I walk up to the door, open it and as I expected, it's Joey.

"Wow, um hi." He says with a shock on his face.

"What?" I ask.

"You... you look... beautiful."

My cheeks go bright red and I give a little smile.

His messy, blondish-brownish hair with his button up t-shirt and denim shorts makes me smile.

We make our way by the Tern bus not the Terd. Oops. I obviously misheard the word 'Tern'. Apparently, it's called that because the last name of the bus driver is Tern.

We get off the bus near a campsite. We walk about 20 metres until we finally get to the jaw-dropping destination.

It's near a creek, a few trees and tree stumps from where tree loggers have been.

"What d'ya think?"

I look at him, speechless and confused as to why he brought me here.

"Pretty, right?"

I nod.

Joey puts the picnic mat down and the basket.

"Sandwich?" He asks while already eating his.

"Sure." I smile. "Jam sandwich?" I look at him while chuckling.

"All I had in the fridge! I can't help that!"

"Of course you cant, Joey Larkin!" I look at him, then he starts to make cheeky comments like:

"Oh, so is that how it's going to be now!"

"I'll get you back."

"Ali Maxwell, it is on!"

Joey starts chasing me and I start to run. He eventually catches me and stares me in the eyes. I break the silence saying "Well, you caught me!"

We start playing PG truth or dare.

"Truth or dare, Ali?"

"Dare."

"I dare you to act like a pig for a minute."

I snort and crawl around until a minute has finally come.

We played more until we had more time for one more question.

"Truth or dare, Joey?"

"Truth, can't be bothered for a dare!"

"Who do you like, Joey?"

"Hang on, first of all, it's PG! And secondly, why do you want to know Ali?"

I roll my eyes and say "I asked you first!"

"If you really want to know... It's you."

It comes to an awkward silence and then we look each other in the eyes. Our blue eyes meet.

He reaches in for a kiss until I put my hand on his chest and stop him.

"If this is the way you try to score all girls, you are definitely failing with me, Joey!" I chuckle and he looks at me, with a wide smile.

"Wow, you really are hard to get." Joey says with another one of his smirks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are finally back at school. We get to my room and Joey quietly says "I really meant it when I said I like you."

I smile like I never have before and kiss his cheek. I rush into my room, get into my pyjamas then make my way to bed.

Looks like the day turned out nothing like I expected it to be. It was... really great.

What a day it's been!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey readers! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Two updates in two days! Haha!

Question: What's a great shipping name for Alison/Ali and Joey?

Please don't be a silent reader. Vote and comment please... I'll really appreciate it if you do!

Thanks guys!

Juanita xo