Chapter 5: What?

Continuation...

I approached my mom who was talking to one of out guests, maybe, she looks like she had been crying.

"Mom??" I said silenty while tapping her shoulder.

She faced me then started crying, What happened? Seriously? "Mom what happened?" I asked very concerned, my mom didn't replied instead she kept on crying. I looked at her, I couldn't stand seeing her like this. My eyes were also threatening to let out tears.

"Mom?? Please answer me.." I begged her, rubbing her shoulders.

"Patrixia.." She started and looked at me in the eyes, "Your sister, your sister is... Is gone." My mom said with her shaky voice.

It's like my whole world fell apart. My knees felt weak I got on my knees. My tears were falling freely from my eyes like a streal, "M-my sister is g-gone?" I asked, stammering. No! This can't be! My sister.

My mother looked at me painfully, I ran to the coffin, I saw my sister lying there dead. I cried loudly, I didn't care if all of them were looking. ,

"No.." I said, I felt very vulnerable. She was the only one who was there for me. Now, she's gone? My sister needs to be here.

"Mom! Please do something about this! My sister isn't dead!" I shouted, I don't believe my sister is dead, she's alive. I know.

"I can't dear, I'm so sorry." My mom said while she walked towards me and hugged me.

"No!! She's not dead! Have you even brought her to the hospital? Have checked her pulse? Or try to wake her up?! She's not dead! Get her off this thing!" I yelled letting all the pain out but they all seem to come back, I love my sister so much even though I envy her, I still wanna be with her.

"Shhh.. Trix. Please compose yourself, I know you're strong." My mom said tightening her hug. I cried in her arms, all the people were looking at us. It's really hard to accept this because... It's so unacceptable.

"Why did she have to die? Why did this happen to her?" I asked my mom, wiping the tears that come out from my eyes, one after another.

"She did this for you Patrixia... She did this for you to be happy." My mom explained carefully while stroking my hair. I don't get anything.

"Seeing her dead won't make me happy." I said sniffing, closing my eyes shut.

"For you to be loved by your dad..." My mom then continued, making my mouth open wide? So this is because of me?

"This means? This means I'm the reason why she died?" I questioned my mom, my lip quivering.

"No honey, It's--" I cut off my mom, "Yes I'm the reason why! Don't even try sugarcoating it!" I said, my tears falling again. I let go of her hug, "This is all my fault!" I exclaimed and ran to our room, I quickly laid on her bed and hugged her pillow, her scent present on it. I'm missing her.

"You didn't have to do this, I was already contented even though dad was being like that, but why? Why did you do this?" I cried snuggling her pillow.

"You didn't have to sacrifice your life for my happiness Taneisha, you didn't have to give your life for my happiness, being with you and our parents even though me and dad are complicated, was already perfect. Why??" I pathetically asked as if she'll answer.

I kept on crying, mourning for my sister, I just couldn't accept it, it was way to hard. I can't take it all at this point, but I hope, I will when the time comes.

I kept on crying until I fell asleep in a deep sleep.

••••••••••

"Patrixia, Patrixia??" A voice called me out of nowhere.