CHAPTER 1

"I can feel her, my sister, my blood. She is not here, but I'm sure I'll find her soon ", I heard a woman's whisper from the room. I was not sure why I was witnessing their talk, hidden behind the half-broken wooden door. I slowly turned away from the door to survey my surroundings. It was pitch dark around me, save for the broken glass window a few steps ahead which let some moonlight enter in. The dark hallway and the unusually darkly stained walls on the either side of the hallway caught my special attention.

"How will you find her, if she is not here?" a different voice questioned now.

"You don't have to know about that", the first woman barked. By this time, I was no more interested in their talk, but in the wall. There was something different about it, I knew it...I could just tell. I covered the few steps that separated me from the wall, but as I got closer I started getting a strong rusty smell, something that smelled like blood. I stretched out my hand towards the wall slowly...Rose...Rose...ROSE...ROSEEEE.

"Noooo"

And I woke up panting. The dream...the damn dream was weird and creepy, but for some reason seemed so real.

"Finally, you woke up", Kat announced with a huge grin on her face.

"Katy, what's wrong with you?" I asked irritably. She was standing beside my bed fully dressed, which caught my immediate attention. "Wait, why are you so dressed up?" I questioned her, puzzled.

"You guess, Rose?", she asked me, a small smile slowly started creeping across her face. "It's 12.00 am, and why would I wake you up now?" she asked me, smirking.

"You tell me Kat, I cannot read minds, you know..." I replied back with a half-swallowed yawn. "Forget it, I'm sleeppp....", and so I prepared to go back to my sleep again, pulling my sheets back.

"Oh, Rose! Just get uppp", she screamed and pulled off my sheets. In an instant, I rolled down and BAMMM, I was lying down on the floor getting a hit on my back.

"And you finally get up", she said, grinning.

"What the hell, Kat" I growled, dragging myself up and massaging the area where the floor hit me hard.

"We are going to a party," she announced, giving that mischievous smile of hers again.

"Wait...what? did you just say party? Kat, I know you are crazy, but I'm starting to think that you have no limits now", I told her stiffing a yawn.

"Hell yeah, that's what I exactly said, Rose. A party", she replied, clearly ignoring her going crazy part.

"Okay, so let me clear this out: WE ARE NOT GOING TO ANY PARTY, do you understand?", I told her, emphasizing more on the latter part.

"Okay fine, you don't go then, but I am definitely going. I thought that you wouldn't allow me to go alone, but now that it doesn't bother you, it's fine, I'll go alone," and with that, she swiftly started to leave the room. I was sure she would be standing out in the hall waiting for me to change my mind and join her, which wasn't going to happen but...but she was right; I couldn't allow her to step outside alone after what happened last month. Though I myself wasn't clear about what happened, I still couldn't risk it. Could I?

This summer vacation has been really crazy, and by crazy I really mean it. I'm just not simply over-exaggerating. Or wait, maybe I was, if once for sure we could accept that we were indeed going CRAZY. It all started last month.

***

It was the last day of college, and the high-ranked students of the college always threw a party to celebrate this. I honestly always felt that this was more than just 'who can give the best party', as for them, it was a prestige issue, always trying to pull off the best party. It was all an ugly money game here, and Katy and I always tried to stay away from them. Of course, except the 'enjoying the party' part.

We got invitations from three of our friends to the party. Though we promised all of them that we would drop in, of course, we couldn't be present in all three places, right? So, we thought of just choosing one place randomly. Katy decided that we would go to Brandon's house for the party. Though I was suspicious about her choice, I didn't question her anyway, simply because I didn't want to waste my energy arguing with her. Phewww! I had a difficult best friend, believe me.

The reckless side of me never thinks twice before accepting anything. I was more than happy to get myself drunk and be carefree for some time. Last week with all the exams going on, the entire month went really stressful, and now as it was finally over, I really wanted to remove all the stress out of my system. Normally, I don't drink much, and even if I did, I made sure that I'm well-controlled and didn't require anyone's help to handle myself, but today it was getting too much for me to handle. Maybe the drinks were too strong, or I must have drunk too much while flirting with every guy that I met. Anyways, it was a bad sign. The flashing colorful light on the dance floor was setting a throbbing pain in my head; I wanted to meet Katy, where was she? I started getting up from my chair to search for her across the room.

Holy shit! The world began to spin around me. No! I couldn't fall down. Finally giving up, I sat down on the floor to avoid any damage to myself. I didn't know for how long I was sitting there when a black shadow fell on me from behind. I raised my eyes to have a look at this dark figure.

"Ohh, Kat I was searching for you." Well, I was practically screaming now with excitement. I took a quick glance around to see if anyone noticed me. Kat understood what I was doing. She looked down at me with a deep frown on her face. I tried to get up, but couldn't. She did try to help me, but I just shooed her hand off my shoulder.

"No, Kat, I will get up on my own. Rose doesn't need anyone's help...Hahaha" I fumbled. She quickly slipped her fingers across my thin waist and helped me steady myself.

"Shut up, Rose, don't be stupid", she whispered.

"OH, Kat you are the best," I told her, reaching ahead instantly and placing a kiss on her cheek to stun her.

***********************************

This is my first attempt at writing guys, so please feel free to point out my mistakes.

A hell a lot of Rose's magical journey awaits for you ahead so, do read till the end.

Let me know what you feel about this chapter and yes don't forget to vote.😉 Have a nice day😁