b l o o d o f m y b l o o d

Alyona's phone had been ringing like the devil.

The hospital had called, telling her that Sebastian had been whispering her name, pleading them to call her before he had passed out.

She had rushed to the hospital, her heart was about to burst from beating too loud.

She had been waiting two hours without an update on Seb's condition when the Doctor appeared. He approached her as she stood.

"Alyona Van Dijk?"

"Yes, Doctor. How is he? All I could listen to the phone was a car crash. Please, tell me how is my Sebastian."

The Doctor shook his head. "It wasn't the car crash, Miss Van Dijk. Mister Vettel was shot."

"What?" She whispered. Her legs giving out as she fell back on the chair. She sobbed for a moment, covering her face with her hands before she looked back up to the Doctor.

"The car crash happened a few meters away, he was shot three time through the chest. The gun had a silencer fitted. That's what the police officer said at least. He'd like to talk to you." Doctor Egger shook his head and put a hand on her shoulder. "Miss, he's not going well. He's going to need blood."

"I'm O negative. Get my blood, Doctor."

"Miss-"

"No! Do anything to save him, Egger. Or the price you'll pay is going to be painful."

♚ ♚ ♚

Alyona was a woman that had never known pain. Or desperation. She never knew what it was like to lose someone, to lose the one person that made her feel alive.

 She never knew what it was like to lose someone, to lose the one person that made her feel alive

She sat by his side. Her hand holding his, she was intently looking at his face, praying for any little twitch. Sometimes she thought she imagined it. Others she just shook her head and dismissed them.

She couldn't leave his side. It was impossible. She had called his parents, but she had lied. She had told them he was stable. She had told them that he'd be alright.

Then she had called Kimi.

Kimi was Seb's best friend, anyway. He had a right to know. He got the first plane to Bern and had come directly to the hospital.

A knock on the door made Alyona break her trance. Kimi walked in and closed the door.

"Go out, have a break. The police wants to talk to you. I'll stay with, Seb."

She shook her head. "Was I really terrible? Last year?"

"Bwoah! Terrible is not a word enough. You almost broke him. Many times. But he kept going."