mixing to the max!

Liam saw the horde chasing Vulk, and the loudest pitch scream erupted from his throat; he tried to move, but he was frozen in fear.

"OH, SCHINXELS! RUN!!" Flain yelled as the mixels took off as Liam was still frozen in fear at the horde, but at the last second, Vulk grabbed the scruff of Liam's shirt and took off screaming. 

The group ran from the swarm as fast as possible through the empty streets until they ran into a fork in the road that went upwards to a bridge or downwards to the forest. 

Flain quickly thought of something. "Oh, schnix! Liam, you go left; there might be a hiding place there! Take Vulk with you and keep him as safe as possible, and if you find Zorch make sure he's safe too!" Before Liam could protest, Flain pushed him and Vulk downwards towards the forest. 

Liam fell down the hill clutching Vulk in his arms. "Liam, watch out!" Vulk screamed as Liam dodged a boulder that was at the bottom of the mountain. Liam skidded to a stop, and he let go of Vulk. Liam then collapsed

"Liam, are you okay?!" Vulk said, looking over Liam. Vulk gasped when he saw the large cut on the side of Liam's ankle. "Oh, my maximum! Here let me help!" Liam was about to ask how Vulk would help, but then he saw that Vulk was heating his fingers. 

"Uh, Vulk, I don't think that's a good idea!" But Vulk didn't hear. A quick pain burst through Liam's skin, but as soon as it was there, it was gone. Liam looked down and gasped at the now cauterized wound. 

"Flain used to do it to me when I got hurt." Liam nodded, still amazed at the healed wound. Liam got up and looked at Vulk. 

"That was amazing, but right now, we need to go and save Flain and find Zorch!" Vulk nodded. The two high fived but Liam flinched when he burnt his hand. "Sorry!" "It's okay, Vulk."

The two then took off, ready to rescue Flain and find Zorch.

Zorch had managed to escape the nixels, and now he was behind the speed shop hiding in a dumpster. 

"Great first I find out what Liam is a big fat liar, then Vulk yells at me for being right, and now I have to deal with nixels! Stupid weird world." Zorch grumbled to himself. "You also have to deal with an angry teenager interrogating you." 

"Yeah, that to... wait" Zorch looked up and saw Jess looking down at him with an angry expression. "Oh, it's you." Jess scoffed. "Of course it's me, now you better tell me where Liam is, or things are about to get ugly." Zorch laughed. "Oh really? Sorry but I know that you guys have no powers, so it might be best for you to run off to mommy and let me go." 

Zorch gasped when Jess snatched him out of the dumpster with one hand and pinned him against the wall with her foot. "Now it's best to start talking, speedy boy. First off, what are you and what were you doing with Liam?" Zorch started sweating. "Nothing! He was doing something terrible to us!"

Jess raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms. "What would Liam 'softest boy in school' do that's so terrible." "He was manipulating us! He said that he didn't know what we were even though he did! He's a liar!" 

Jess scoffed."Okay, if this is because I mentioned mixels at the speed shop? Dude, it's been seven years since mixels first aired and five since it was canned. Liam forgot about it, okay, hell, I forgot about it too until I saw you guys trotting along, Liam. If he's a liar because he's forgetful, then I guess I lie about a bunch of stuff." 

Zorch raised his hand to make a point, but then it finally hit him. "Am I in the wrong?" He thought. No, he couldn't be; he was right about so many other things. Why would he be wrong about this? But Vulk did make a point back there, and the Jess chick also made a point.