Chapter 15: Let the War Begin

It's the night before Dara and Seung Hyun leaves for Japan, and they're in President Psy's office to be briefed regarding Daesung’s problem with a newsmagazine editor.

During the meeting, they both found out that they were right all along. The editor wants to publish pictures of Daesung with his girlfriend, taken without his permission while on vacation.

“So Daesung-shi has a girlfriend? How did they found out about it?” Dara asked worriedly.

“They were followed, right?” Seung Hyun asked as if confirming his suspicions.

President Psy nodded.

Seung Hyun’s brows furrowed in anger. He knows how cutthroat this industry is. The photographers don’t respect the privacy of the artists in order to get a scoop. He has dealt with a lot of them in the past and knows how manipulative they are especially in situations where they have the upper hand.

“You’ll meet with Daesung and his girlfriend before you meet with the editor of the newsmagazine. As I said before, this shall remain confidential. Only the three of us knows the real reason why you’re going to Japan together. We cannot risk the chance of other news media finding out about this. If they do, we won’t have a better chance of changing the editor’s mind. Dara, you’ll say you’ll go on a vacation and Seung Hyun you can say you’re taking care of Daesung’s concert. Understood?” President Psy said. He couldn’t look at them. He feels guilty knowing that he’s meddling with their lives.

 “Don’t worry Sajangnim. We’ll work really hard to accomplish our goal. Daesung’s a good guy.  We’ll do everything to get this done. We promise you that.” Dara sincerely said.

They stood up and gathered their plane tickets and paperwork. They gave President Psy a warm, assuring smile and left. They know that this will be a hard fight but they’re not going to give up.

President Psy looked at the two walking away from him and whispered to himself, “Mianhe, Seung Hyun and Dara, my hands are tied. I’m sorry.”

[DARA’S CONDOMINIUM]

Chaerin is secretly rejoicing when she saw her sister packing her clothes. She knows she’s going to Japan.

“Going somewhere, Unnie?” Chaerin asked Dara.

“Yes. I ‘m just going to Japan for uhm… a quick vacation and some uhm…company matters. “Dara said awkwardly. She doesn’t want to lie, so she improvised a little bit.

Chaerin is ecstatic when she heard what her sister said. She quickly went in her room and excitedly called her friends in Japan to help her make this trip successful. She’s going to make sure that when they come back to Korea, Dara and Seung Hyun will be planning their wedding. Hah! Nobody messes with the Cupid Crusher, not even the freakin’ Master Slayer!

“Noona! Noona!” called Seungri. He just arrived from visiting his friends when he saw her packing.