Chapter 30: His Tragic Past

It has been three weeks since Kim Jaejoong started working on a new single with Epik High. Jiyong and Teddy have been working until the wee hours of the morning to make sure that the collaboration becomes a huge success.

Dara just finished talking to Jiyong on the phone. She’s already in bed when he called to say that he won’t make it to her place tonight. Apparently, Sulli misplaced the folder where the revisions of the lyrics were written. She had to stay with them in the studio a little longer to iron out the problem.

That didn’t sit well with Dara. She’s got a feeling that she didn’t ‘mistakenly’ lose it.

Unable to sleep, she quickly dialed Bom’s number to vent out her frustrations.

“Dara? What’s up?”

“Are you busy Bom? I just want to talk to you.”

“Okay. Is everything alright?” Bom carefully stood up from her bed and stepped outside in her balcony. It’s a warm night and she didn’t bother to put a robe on over her pajamas. She saw a white sports car parked outside and felt creeped out, as if someone’s watching her so she decided to go back in.

Dara sighed and started telling Bom about her predicament with Sulli. It seems like she’s getting bolder and bolder these days. She used to be a little discreet in trying to seduce Jiyong but now she’s acting differently…like she’s got something up her sleeves.

Bom nodded in agreement as she recalls what happened the other day between Dara, Jiyong and Sulli. Sulli blatantly asked Jiyong if he could take her home because she feels sick even though Dara is right in front of them. Of course, being Dara’s best friend, she couldn’t just let Sulli hurt Dara that way so she suggested that she’ll just take Sulli home.

“Dara, I don’t want to make you more miserable but I think Sulli’s planning something that’s why she doesn’t care anymore whether everybody will hate her. I can feel it. The bitch is up to something.

If I didn’t know Sulli’s parents, I would think that she’s been brought up by Satan. Damn, that woman is evil. ” Bom cautiously said.

“You know what, Bom? I think you’re right. Every night that Jiyong and Sulli are together working on the new project, I feel like he’s in danger of falling into Sulli’s traps. I trust Jiyong with all my heart but I’m afraid of Sulli and what she’s capable of.” Dara tried to hold back her tears as a wave of emotion enveloped her whole being. She wants to cry because she feels left out. She feels like she couldn’t support Jiyong the way Sulli supports him with his work.

“Dara, I know you’re trying to hold back your tears but don’t. I’m your best friend, remember? You can cry to me anytime. You don’t have to hold it back.”

“Thanks, Bommie. I want to cry out loud whenever I see her with him working in the studio…whenever they can talk about the developments of the project for hours…whenever he calls me at night to tell me that he won’t be able to make it to dinner or even just a simple visit because he’s busy working with the project, knowing that Sulli is there with him…when he calls me to tell me about how wonderful Sulli’s ideas are and how she amazes him with her musicality while here I am waiting for him, unable to do anything. It’s almost a month of pure misery Bom.” She wipes her tears away, her heart aching as she recalls all the instances where Jiyong had to call her to cancel their dates.