Chapter 17 - Time Of Change

The cheering died down and all eyes were back on me, "thank you everyone, I know that for years this Institute was set on getting peace by eliminating an entire race but I know we can achieve peace in a civil way. As soon-to-be Queen, me and Ash will strive for a future where vampires and human co-exist." I smile wiping the tears off my face.

The 200 hundred pairs of eyes, stare at me trust gleaming in their eyes, we got this I say in my head. "So from now on no killing vampires, if anything happens I need you to report it to the Co-Leaders, and with great pleasure I'd like to announce that Peter Brooks and Elliot Wilson will look after the Institute while I am away. Will you two please come to the stage," I declare arms gesturing for them to come up to my side.

Peter stands and makes his way to the stage, Eli following behind him. "I trust that together they will be just as good as me," I giggle, "as I will be away living at the castle, I don't want the Institute to be neglected so I would like Peter to cater to the Institute and all of you, while Eli having newly formed vampire contacts will help with vampire related problems and help welcome you to them. I truly believe that everyone will get along with the vampires, just keep an open mind and trust me, they are all not as bad as you think they are." Smiling I step away and let Eli and Peter introduce themselves.

I continue ringing my hands, heart still beating hard, "I did it, we did it," I whisper, smiling sadly to myself. Everyone claps, happiness fills the air, the family you helped create will live on James, I promise.

The clapping comes to a slow stop, I step back up a smiling ear to ear, "meeting adjourned."

*Later*

I asked Peter and Eli, to follow me back to our new office.

"I apologise for not warning you both on your new positions, I hope I'm not in too much trouble," I smile at Peter and Eli.

"Of course not," Eli says, Peter nods then says, "thank you for putting your faith in us, we will do our hardest."

"Peter I also hate to spring this on you, but Eli is also dating a vampire, as you saw from last time, so you will be one of the first to be acquainted with one." I quickly say, waiting for a reaction.

His face remains professional even with a smile, "it would be my honour to meet Prince Clyde, I'd like to help others acquaint with future vampires also, I'm certain that I can handle it."

I then turn to Eli, "is that ok with you Eli, I'm sure you can coax Clyde into agreeing, but I do realise if that's not ok with you and him that is," I ramble.

"It's fine Elle, he said he would go anywhere as long as it's with me, I'm sure a few miles off the palace is no exception," Eli responds taking my hand, "thank you for giving me something, not going to lie but those few days at the palace were so boring, I live for being with Clyde and all but he hardly let me out of the room, I barely escaped today," he laughs.

"Nice to know we are both going to be in a little trouble. Speaking of which we need to go soon, Peter I trust that you'll be able to take care of things until Eli can come back to help," I ask Peter.

"Of course but Elle there's something I need to tell you first, James told me to keep it a secret, what I am that is."

"Yes..." I say unsure of what he had to say.

"I'm half demon too, and the other half healer, James told me my mother was a healer and that my father was a demon," he paused and thought about wether or not to say this next part but he did, "there's also something else, the day we stormed the palace, we saw this woman, she had sandy hair and grey eyes, she looked young too, James, he seemed shocked, like he had seen a ghost. He also said something, a name, I think it was Eliza."