Chapter 6 - Time To Fess Up

My head snaps towards the couch, where my best friend was sound asleep.

"Eli. I - um - I am - yes," I struggle, I forgot about him but it doesn't change anything. He can always visit, right?

"But Elle, what about James and Thistle? What about me?" He says, voice wavering as he looks down.

"Ash could we have a few minutes alone, please," I project to Ash.

"Sure I'll be back soon," He returns, quietly leaving and closing the door behind him. Leaving my bed I walk over to Eli and take a seat beside him.

"Hey Eli," I say softly, his eyes meet mine, "I'm not leaving you or James, it's just that here I can do more. You know Ash is the heir to the throne; with me by his side, we could make a real difference. I could change them for the better, help unite vampires and humans," I explain to him, plus Ash isn't that bad, he's like a puppy," I add smiling.

Eli says nothing, taking in my words, his mind runs wild as his eyes remain blank, deep in thought, and a small smile plays on his lips. After a moment, he breaks from his thoughts and looks at me.

He sucks in a breath and blows it out in defeat, "I don't think this is a good idea but I'll support you, regardless, because I know you and once you put your mind to something you follow it through," He smiles then adds, "you're stubborn like that."

I laugh at his comment, "you know it," then throw myself into his embrace, "thank you, I really appreciate this."

Eli's hold loosens, "Elouise," he says pulling away. He only uses Elouise when talking about a serious topic. I hold my breath in anticipation of his long-awaited question.

"Why didn't you tell that you're a demon?" He finally speaks, a frown on his face.

"Oh, I -," the words leave my mouth, I can't speak. I thought I could tell him but I just can't. My eyes go to the hands in my lap fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

We sit in silence for a second before a voice assures me, "you can, Elle. It's Eli, he will understand, just tell him. It'll be ok." I clasp my hands together and look up at Eli.

"I thought that you would hate me and see me as some monster, everyone thinks demons are monsters," I admit in a small voice.

Eli stares back at me dumbfounded, he breathes out a laugh before pulling me back into a tight hug. "You're an idiot, Elle I love you, to the moon and back but, god, you are so dumb sometimes. I could never and I mean never hate you." He pushes me out and looks straight at me, "you are not a monster, you're a badass demon and I love you."

I nod overwhelmed as hugs me again, "I love you too Eli." I mumble, wrapping my arms around him.

Eli's stomach grumbles loudly resulting in us to break out I laughter.

"Elle, you better have some magic cause right now I'd kill for a grilled cheese right now," He jokes, his hands lightly patting over his stomach.

"Yeah, sure," I giggle. I go to conjure a sandwich when, suddenly, the door flies open.

"Guess who's ba-" the young prince stops, "hunters," he hisses baring fangs.

Meet Clyde, Ash's younger brother. A Nightshade Prince, spoiler he is also a pureblood vampire.

The pureblood lunges out towards me but Eli stops Clyde by throwing himself in the way. In a panic, I shout "freeze," my voice echoing throughout the room and the open door.

Both of them stand frozen in their spaces. Twice in one day, man, I am so good at this magic thing.

"Eli, are you okay?"

He grunts in response. That's right, he can't talk. My magic was weaker on Ash as he's my mate, so, I guess, for Eli and Clyde its strong enough to keep then fully frozen.

Oh crap! I don't know how to undo the spell, I guess I'll just have to wait for it to wear off. But since Ash broke it the first time I don't know how long that will take.

"Hi Clyde, I'm Elle, your brother's mate" I wave, might as well introduce ourselves to him, "This is Eli, " I gesture to Eli, rolling his eyes.

"So I'm a demon and I accidentally froze the both of you but on the bright side, you guys can't hurt each other," I smile. "Oh and I'm not sure on how to undo the spell," I mutter the last part.

"Well, I'll be here, have fun," I say flopping onto the bed.

Their eyes widen and look frantically at me, I can hear the profanities being screamed at me. "Don't worry, It will wear off," I say trying to lighten the mood, "eventually," I mumble.

Eli and Clyde groan in response, guess they aren't happy about this. "Oh, I have an idea."

I quickly stand up, placing one of my hands on each of their heads then use a spell, "open."

Removing my hands and placing them by my side, I examine them, "did it work?" I look at them, "can one of you think something."

"Elle, did you use your magic again because everyone in the castle in froze-"

"Clyde! Long time, no see. Do you need some help baby brother? You seem a bit stuck," Ash humours walking over to his brother and poking him.

"Wait! I froze everyone inside of the castle?!" Ash nods in answer, looking quite impressed at my, accidental, show of power. I must be more powerful then I thought.

Another voice fills the room, "Funny one, brother." Clyde thinks sarcastically, "and will you stop touching me," he groans irritated. I guess my spell worked, I used magic to open their minds so their thoughts could be heard.

Ash looks at me, "I see you've been busy."

"Just a bit," I ridicule.

"Elle, are you sure you can't undo this?" Eli adds whining, "I'm still hungry."

"Sorry, Eli but I don't know how," I shrug. Ash looks at me, a knowing look on his face.

"I hate you so much, you're such an ass," Eli retorts back, rolling his eyes.

"Love you too, you biatch," I smile at him.

A growl resonates through the room, all attention turns to Clyde. Eyes glowing purple and his fangs extend as he spits out, "don't call him that."

We all stare wide-eyed at his defensive state, what was that about?

Without another word Clyde answers our unspoken questions, "he's my mate."
——————————————————
Dun dun dunnn...

Who would have thought? Eli and Clyde. Not only that but also Elle and Ash, such a coincidence, maybe it's fate.

Update next week!!

Enami out ;-)