Chapter 3

{Exp: 9/10}

Looks like throwing these slimes at walls works at raising my level. Maybe this means the numbers in my status will be more than they are. I just need to find one more.

After a few slimes, I decided to taste the liquid that was leftover. Hunger is a serious problem and can make the body feel weak. When I tasted it for the first time, it felt like those moments when a liquid goes down the epiglottis instead of the esophagus. Even if it kind of hurt, the taste wasn't bad and it helped sedate my hunger.

The only problem with searching for slime is, there is hardly anything here. It's been quite a while since I started my search for these and I haven't even found enough. One can only walk for so long before they need rest. That just happens to be me right now. Even if there is nothing here, it will still be safer closer to the entrance.

Sitting down with my back against the wall of the cave, I look out at the night and the darkened forest. I wonder what lurks in there. Probably not good things. I can imagine wolves, bears or some kind of cat species living somewhere in there or around here. Sticking to the wall in the cave is definitely a better idea than walking blindly into that mess. Inside the cave, I at least can't get snuck up on unless it's from somewhere I've already been.

I close my eyes to rest without thinking about any consequences. Before I know it, someone calls out to me, "Charlie is that you! Oh thank god I found you before Chad did."

"Huh?" I open my eyes to see Beck kneeling down in a red robe with a long wooden stick clutched in her hand. "Oh hey Beck. Nice outfit." I look outside again to squint at the bright daylight. The good news is, I survived the first night in this new world. The bad news is, I'm pretty sure I'm hallucinating.

"Charlie, you have to get out of here. Chad and the rest of the class will be here any minute." Her voice is full of urgency.

I look back over to her with a careless expression and shrug. "Why bother? It's not like I'm in the way or anything."

"Charlie, listen to me, after you and the King left the room, he told everyone he was going to kill you now that we weren't on Earth."

"So? It's not any different from before. He'll just beat me up until I'm close enough."

"No, you don't understand you hav-" She was cut off by someone else.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Looking at the entrance of the cave once again, I see my classmates dressed in various medieval-type clothing with each of them holding some kind of weapon, whether it be a sword, ax, staff, or other. Their leader, Chad, has a golden sword attached to his belt without a sheath.

"You all look like you're about to go LARPing." We stare at each other for a minute. "Do you need permission from me to go into the cave? I don't know what you expect me to do here." Someone in the back giggles slightly.

Chad walks up to me. "Now, now, is that any way to speak to your superior?"

"What are you talking about?" Lifting me up harshly like he always does, he pushes me against the wall hard and takes his sword out to put against my throat. Honestly, I'm surprised the shove didn't just kill me, considering the difference in our numbers. "Shouldn't you be training to be a hero or something?"

"You always knew the answer to every question you smart-ass, you've plagued my life for years." I plagued your life?

"Maybe it was just you who didn't know the answers to anything. Sorry, but if you were planning on trying to go big in the sports department, you had a very little chance."