"Live a little"

I walk out of the school building to see Elijah running over to me, dropping a cigarette on the ground.

"Hurry, get in my car" he says tugging at my arm.

"Wait, aren't you suspended? Aren't you not allowed on school grounds?" I ask as i furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes, that's why we're in a hurry, y/n." He gives up on just tugging my arm, so he now pulls on it, dragging me to his car.

"It's raining, you're making me get wet!" I say in pure frustration.

"That's right i am" he says with a smirk and a wink.

"What happened at school? Why are you suspended?" I say ignoring the comment he made.

His smirk fades away to a more annoyed face. "None of your damn business" he snaps.

"I- I'm sorry" i say. I'm over-sensitive when people snap at me like that. I don't know why, i just am. It probably comes in the package of being shy.

Without responding, he opens the car doors and gets in. With that, i get in the passenger seat. As he backs up out of the parking space, i stare at him and realize that he has a big cut on his lip.

When we pull up in his driveway, i can hear screaming from a female adult coming from the inside of his house.

Elijah pinches his thumb and forefinger on the bridge of his nose and looks down. "Can we go to your house instead" he says looking up at me.

"Yeah, of course." I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

I tell him the address and he leaves the driveway as soon as possible. I can tell he's embarrassed.

As we walk into my house, he starts looking around everywhere. Then he suddenly yells at he top of his lungs.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" I blurt out

He chuckles, "your house is too quiet" he laughs a bit harder as the words come out of his mouth.

He grabs a picture of me and my family from around a year ago. He starts staring at everyone in the picture. "Your parents are still together?"

I grab the picture from him and frown at it. "My dad ran away when i was nine. That's my stepfather in the picture" i say as i cover my stepfathers face with my thumb.

He looks at me sympathetically, then immediately starts walking into the kitchen. "You got food here?"

"The whole reason i brought you here was so we can work on our project, not eat." I said smiling

"I can't work on an empty stomach" he says rummaging through my pantry. "What the hell, these are all healthy" he says after a good 2 minutes of silence.

"My mother doesn't let unhealthy foods into the house"

"Take me to your room." he demands

"Why?"

"Because i want to see it" he says shrugging his shoulders.

I lead him to my room and open the door. My room is pink with around 5 giant stuffed animals on my bed. There is a laptop and a desk right next to my bed, and my dresser right across from that.

"Not my cup of tea" he scoffs. He starts going through my dresser.

What the hell.

"What are you doing!?" I say as i close my dresser.

"I was curious" he says smirking.

What a pervert.

"Come on, let's actually work on our project now." I say getting papers out of my bag.

Elijah sits in a chair with wheels on it and glides back and forth across my room continuously. "Can't we do something else?" He says as he takes out a cigarette and a lighter.

"Elijah, don't smoke in my room!" I say walking up to him.

He takes a drag from his cigarette and blows the smoke in my face. "Live a little!" He says with a slight chuckle

Hey. I know this chapter is a bit all over the place, but trust me i have some really good stuff planed for the future so stay tuned!!
-amanda