Chapter 9

*Sakina's P.O.V*

     I have been back in England for a couple days. I felt listless and bored. The way I was raised and brought up, I know I am not housewife material. But now that I am well-known, I want to be well-known for actually doing something and not Harry's lousy housewife. I spoke to Harry about it this morning. He suggested that I start up my own hotel. I called him absurd. But he later explained that he bought out a suffering hotel two years back and he had no one to manage it. I rolled my eyes as he told me of this. Celebrities and their money.

After finally agreeing on taking over this deserted hotel, he told me the location. I would look at it first, check old records to see if the employees who used to work there are unemployed and want to come back. Through phone, he gave me the address. I decided to take Maddie along. Everyone in the house was quite busy today, So no one could accompany me.

The driver rolled in on the driveway of the house. I strapped Maddie up in the car seat and put Maddie's bag beside it. The driver briskly walked out and opened the door for me on the other side. After thanking him I stepped in the vehicle.

I told him the address. Shortly, we arrived at the building. When I stepped out, I saw a few photogs, but I was kind of used to it by now. A middle aged man came towards me. He stretched out his hand.

"Good afternoon, I am George Livingston, I used to manage the Marquis hotel before it was sold. Ms.Morris, is it?" he said in a deep British accented voice.

I smiled at him and shook his hand.

"That is me, Mr.Livingston, nice to meet you."

"Delighted." He replied with his smile more cheerful than ever.

"Come along, I'll show you around" He unlocked the gate that led on to the driveway of the hotel. He gave me a tour if the deserted restaurant to the left of the hotel, then took me to the back where the pool area once was, now complete with a dirty pool and a dusty bar area. But the pool was in itself magnificent.

After the pool area, He took into the actual hotel, and showed me the lobby which had been cleared of all its furniture. Sighing, I shifted Maddie to the other side of my shoulder, as she looked excitedly around the environment.

He then showed me two big conference rooms, generally used to host events. Not wanting to tour any of the rooms, he only told me that there were 756 rooms, 398 of which are luxurious penthouses.

  Just then Maddie started crying. I smelt her, and she was clean, so it wasn't a diaper problem. I took out her bottle from my bag and started to feed it to her. Her loud cries turned into soft sobs. I started to rock her and she became quiet. I started to apologize to Mr.Livingston but he shhook his head and spoke.

"No need to apologize, I know what its like, I have eight children myself"

I smiled at him as he showed me other small parts of the hotel like the staff rooms and security room as long as my soon to be office, his and the worker's quarters. I was thinking of having workers overnight at the hotel. Iean what if the guests needed assistance in the night and no staff was here? Just then I felt Maddie's bottle, empty, and started to softly snore in my arms. I carefully removed the bottle, he'd her head rest on my shoulder where she got comfortable and placed the bottle back into the bag.

Soon our tour had ended. I called my driver and shook hands with Mr.Livingston and took his number. I made my way to the car and the driver hopped out and opened the door of where Maddie's car seat was. I strapped her in and the driver then opened the door to my side and got in, very close to Maddie to watch her sleep.

After a while, we arrived at the house and with Maddie in my arms I headed straight to her room and laid her in her crib, then closed the door. I sighed as I made my way down the stairs again. I called  Harry.

After a couple of rings, he answered the phone.

"Hello?" Came his sweet sounding voice over the phone.

"Hi babe."

"Oh my darling Sakina, I miss you so much, how are you?"

"Not complete without you."

"Aw, just two more weeks love, two more weeks"

"Maddie misses you a lot though."

"Where is she now?"

"She's sleeping, the tour of the hotel must have tired her out."

"Oh about that, If you want, I can put your name as owner. Tell me what you thought of it love."

"It was a beautiful hotel but it needs alot of work that I can't do alone. But, before we actually start any work, we need to get some investors to fund and then after that, we can sort out anything after that relating to the rehabilitation of the hotel."

"Well dear, I can do my part from here and call a couple people who might be interested and get back to you"

"Thank you so much Harry"

"Oh and within a month after we return we are getting married, but I want us to plan together ok?" Harry said.

"Of course"

"Now, I have to practice for a concert later on in the night. I love you and miss you, tell Maddie I love her so very much, and we'll talk again soon, yea? Bye love"

"Bye, do well take care, I love you too."

There was a silence hanging over the lines.

"Sakina?"

"Mhm?"

"Can't seem to hang up"

A tear slid down my cheek.

"Let's do this together Saki. After a count down of ten"

After the countdown, we finally managed to hang up.

Wiping stray tears from my eyes, I went up to our room and changed from jeans into sweats and went into bed to sleep. It took some time, but I shut my eyes and fell into deep sleep dreaming of nothing but my lovers safe arrival home.