Chapter Twenty Three

We are standing with our back facing the middle of a circle, Tony managed to call his suit but the rest of us only have guns. Most of the civilians in the courthouse are now cleared out, thanks to Bucky and Clint. 

Men in black uniforms drop down all around us, we are outnumbered with no backup. In the distance, I can hear the sirens from cop cars and ambulances but the cops don't stand a chance against these people. 

The silence that fell over the room was quickly shattered by the sounds of guns being fired around us. We all immediately jump into action. I shoot a web towards one of the man guns and use it to knock out other soldiers. 

"Ahh..." One man hisses, without hesitation, I throw a punch to his face, "PTR Spider 7125," He spits blood out of the corner of his mouth and throws a punch landing on my stomach. 

Fear. 

This can't be happening. 

"Hydra," I growl before doing a flip and kicking the guy in the face causing him to fall to the ground. Once he is on the ground I pin him down and grab a knife from one of his pockets, stabbing him in the chest. "If a head is cut off, two more shall take its place," 

I let out a shaky breath and as if on command two men grab at me back pulling me up, "Bucky!" I scream while struggling against the stronger men. When I look over to Bucky I see him choking someone with his metal arm. He looks away from the man and aims his gun at the man restraining me. 

The guy's body falls backward, blood gushing from his chest and out of his mouth. While I have the chance I dislocate the other man's arm and throw him against the ground grabbing the bloody knife from the other agent's chest and stabbing it into his. He lets out a groan and his eyes roll back in his head. 

Across the rubble, I notice an Agent fighting Tony. He has Tony pinned against the wall and a gun pointing at his head. I shoot a web connection to the men back and smash him against a few others before hitting him against the ground, blood oozes out of his head as Tony shoots a repulser at the other two men he took out with him. 

"Thanks, kid," I hear Tony yell before he flies off again to kill some more agents. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice five people cornering Clint. Reaching down, I grab the gun from a dead agent's hand and shoot at each one, effectively killing them. Clint nods for me and engages in a fight with another agent. 

A tingle erupts in the back of my neck and I duck quickly watching as a large piece of rock is flung over my head I web the same piece of rubble thrown over my head and lunch it at three Hydra agents standing at the side of the room. 

Quickly I run to grab two guns from a nearby corpse. Before my Spidey sense alerts me a force collides with my back and I go sprawling onto the ground. An agent jumps on top of me and holds a knife to my throat. 

With a closer look, the guy is actually a girl. She pushes the knife slightly farther in my throat but not enough to kill me, a line of blood trickles down, "Traitor," She hisses in a german accent. I reach my hand up grabbing hold of her wrist. I push up with all of my might and I feel the knife coming farther away from my neck. 

But not much. I grab her wrist with my other hand as well and attempt to push her off of me. She doesn't budge. Not knowing what else to do, I bring my knee up in between her legs, and she falls to the side, quickly I grab the knife from her grip and slit her throat, I quickly look away, though. I don't like killing people, no matter how bad they are. 

A loud noise rings out throughout the room, followed by silence. Confused, I look around and notice everyone is standing still, even Hydra agents. 

A few moments later I freeze out of fear, guilt, and shock. 

No.