Chapter Twenty Four

Two men dressed in black uniforms with red accents appear near the end of the rubble. 

"Don't. Hurt. Them," I growl ready to lunge at the agents at any moment. The girl's curly hair covers part of her face, but I can see tears running down the other part of her face. They shorter guy also has tears running down his face. 

Neither seems physically harmed. 

"Move and I'll shoot," He seethes, pushing the gun farther into MJ's head making her flinch and squeeze her eyes together. 

I loose focus on the world around me and stare at my two friends, my only friends on thier death bed. 

Fear. 

My Spidey sense doesn't warn me, and a pain erupts in my arm making me gasp. I hear Bucky say something and see him lunging for someone. 

"Move and I'll shoot," The same voice from earilier seethes, making Bucky stop and turn towards the man. 

"What do you want from us," I say in a rugged voice. 

Desperate. 

Fear. 

"Well, PTR Spider 7125," I cringe at the name but try to focus on what he is saying, "I want to kill your and your 'brother' over there," he hisses out and smiles when he is done. My stomach twists and I feel like I am about to puke. 

"So why don't you just kill us?" Bucky adds in, his voice filled with rage. 

A different agent speaks, "Well that wouldn't be fun, now would it?"

No. 

Please no. 

I look over to Bucky and he mouths 'It'll be ok' but at this point I know it won't be ok. 

A few agents advance towards us. Once they get to me I tense with fear. One of the agents moves my hand letting the blood from my bullet wound spill out even more. The other guy jammed his finger over the wound and twisted it. 

My vision blurred and black dots danced in the corners of my eyes causing my knees to buckle and a loud scream to leave my lips. 

I try to look over to Bucky, but can't see him. Instead I see a face. The man has blue eyes and blonde hair, his mouth is twisted into a sick grin and his face shows no sign of remorse for what he has done. 

I feel a knife slice across my back and let out another scream. "B-Bucky," I gasp. I hope he is ok, but know he is not. Tears stream down my face, and the man lifts me up by my throat. 

I gasp fro breaths but don't get any. I can feel the pain in my arm and back now ratiating throughout my body. 

The man slams me against the ground making me scream out again as the cut on my back opens even more. 

A wave a relif washes over my body. On the side of  a long metal pole is Natasha, she is slowly climbing up and no one notices her. She has a two guns drawn. 

Eventhough relif bubbles up inside of my I work hard to not show it on my face. It's not hard though. 

Pain. 

The man cackles and throws a punch to my face, a crack echos through the room and blood trickles down my face. A while later another crack sounds, but not fom me. And then another scream, but not mine. 

Tears sting at my eyes and fall down my face. 

Not Bucky. 

Please. 

Not Bucky. 

Drown me, burn me, hurt me, but don't touch him. 

Two gunshots echo through the room and I see the people once holding Ned and MJ slumped to the floor. 

Gunshots and screams fill the air around me. 

Before the people around me can bring the knife down, I shoot a web at each of them and pull them towards eachother. They collide and fall to the ground. Grunting, I slowly push myself up to a stand, rolling my shoulders. 

My once clean suit is ripped and blood splattered. Bucky managed to kill the agents around him. He has multiple cuts on his chest that stain his shirt. Noticing the Avengers have the other agents occupied, I run over to Bucky. 

"Buck," I whisper, just so he can hear. 

"Hey, Peter," He says with a grunt, shifting to his side and pushing himself up. I grab his arm and help him up. 

"Peter... your back," he gasps. 

"It's ok, Bucky, I'm fine, we can worry about it later," Bucky hesitently nods and pulls a gun from the corpse on the floor. 

"Let's get started," I say. Tother we run to a group of Hydra agents and take them out quickly. 

MJ and Ned cower against a piece of rock, "Go, get out of here!" I yell at them. 

"No not with out you!" Ned sceams back. 

"I'll be find, get out of here!" I scream. Ned and MJ are trembling but slowly try to climb out of the hole that the explosion created. 

My spidey sense ingles, and I turn around and throw a kick at the womens face making her fall to ther ground, Bucky then shoots her. 

They Hydra agents become fewer and fewer around us, until none are left. 

Silence falls over us as we look at eachother skeptikally. 

"Bucky," I whisper and limp over to him, trembling. 

"It's ok Peter, it's all ok," he whispers as I fall into his arms. 

Quickly he wraps his arms around me and runs a hand through my hair. Once more, tears fall from my eyes and I begin to sob. 

"They need a medic," I hear Tony whispering behind us. Wind whips around us and the loud noise of a plane interrupts the silent area. 

"It's over now, Peter, it will be ok," 

I hug Bucky closer to me, despite the pain in my arm. 

I still feel a small nagging at the back of my head. 

I could still go to jail, I could be found guilty. 

Bucky could be scentenced to death. 

No amount of fighting will get us out of that one.