Chapter 7

Clary's POV

"Hey, Clary Ummm... you look... great," said a male voice from behind me. Once I turned around, my eyes lay on a guy with blonde hair and a leather jacket. (Clace Shippers) I instantly realise it's Jace but also notice his hand running through his hair as if he was nervous. I'd never seen Jace like this before. He always seemed so confident within himself so I was instantly confused. "Mmmm... hi... what's up?" I say. Great now I sound like I'm nervous, I think to myself. We don't need two nervous people talking to each other as if they don't know what to say next'. "Iwaswonderingifyouwouldliketohangwithmeatlunch?" I barely got a word that he said only catching the word lunch. "Could you say that again?" All I got was something to do with lunch." I could tell by his facial expressions and body language that he was nervous so I smiled warmly at him in the hope of calming him down a little bit. It seemed to work a little. "Um, I was just wondering if you would like to hang at lunch?" He said. Before I could answer, Izzy pulls me away and I give him a look saying sorry.

-First Class-

I was just sitting there drawing in my book thinking about what Jace had asked me earlier. I didn't get to answer him and I wished I did but Izzy pulled me away before I could. I seriously don't get why she did that. She is my best friend and all but she needs to learn that I don't need to be dragged to places. I was still drawing when Jace came into the room.It felt awkward after our little talk earlier but I gathered up my courage and called him over to my table. "Hey... um... Jace... to answer your question before... um, I would really love to hang with you at lunch today," I say to him. I can see him smiling from my desk as he sits down and I felt so happy. The whole class consisted of my smiling really stupidly, earning me weird looks from my peers.

The class went by slowly, I was really looking forward to hanging out with Jace. I don't see the point in learning about chemistry anyway when it isn't related to art at all. It was coming to the end of the class when someone poked me on the shoulder. I turned around to see Simon sitting behind me. He hands me a piece of paper and I open it to read, 'Can you meet me after class, I really need to talk to you'. Confused, I give him a look of concern but turn back around to him and nod.

-End of class-

"Hey what's wrong?" "I was starting to get worried," I say to him with a concerned face. "Sorry I made you worried, I just haven't been feeling like myself lately." "I just want to talk to you since I've been feeling like we are falling apart lately," he says as I pull him into a hug. We walk to our next class together, I am just happy that we are still friends after everything that has happened before. Like the first time I met Simon and then becoming best friends, then everything between that till I found out I was a shadowhunter, and meeting all my other friends but not realizing that it's been making Simon feel left out of everything that has been happening. When I think about it, when I met Izzy and the others, they had changed my life around and I was spending more time, with them instead of him. I started to feel bad and guilt washed over me.

AN

Hey guys, it is only Lily here, we have both been really busy lately so I made a little time to write this I will update this chapter because this is short. But this chapter is dedicated to our friend Foxy_Loxy_24 go read her story it is not a shadowhunter type one but it is amazing.

This has been updated, we have exams coming up so there will still be a wait for the next chapter but I have started it.