Chapter Seven

Billie, Garrett and Zoe were in my car and Tom went on the bus. "Ok, so there's this park that we're going too."

"Here." Billie leaned over showing me her phone. I looked at the directions and nodded, Billie smiled up at me I really wanted to kiss her but I resisted... but maybe I shouldn't, Garrett knows and Zoe knows... do I actually want to kiss her or do I want to rub it in Zoe's face?" "You ok?" Billie asked taking my right hand into hers, I smiled and nodded at her and she kissed me quickly.

"Ugh, god I'm forever alone." Garrett sighed.

"Same." Zoe laughed.

"Let's go get married." He said to her.

"Garrett, you literally have spoken a handful of words to her." I said glancing back at him.

"When people get our age you get desperate." He sighed and we all laughed. Billie squeezed my hand and I looked down at her smiling.

"Is that why you like Billie?" Zoe laughed, that comment kinda pissed me off.

"Says a lot about me." Billie laughed trying to lighten the mood knowing I was annoyed.

"I love her, can't help that." I shrugged.

"Love a seventeen-year-old. Ok." She laughed, I lost the grip in my hand just letting it fall from Billie's hand, She took it again and squeezed.

"Zo, knock it off." Billie said looking back to her.

"Chill Bil, it's a joke." The rest of the drive was quiet, I was very pissed off but Billie kept squeezing my hand.

Once we finally pulled into the parking lot zoe got out of the car quickly and Garrett got out too, I pulled my hand from Billie's and I looked at her. "Ya know when you said we need to talk about our feelings?" I asked. "My feeling is pissed right now."

"I don't know why she...."

"I do Billie, its cause she likes you."

"But..." she shook her head.

"Billie, I'm just telling you how I fell. Do with that what you will." I got out of the car as the first bus turned in, I walked over to Garrett who was on his phone.

"Yeah, I know." He laughed, he looked up and caught my gaze. "Ok, I gotta go.... love you too." He said quickly and pressed end. I couldn't help but smile.

"Love?" I asked he blushed.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways, who do you love?" I asked.

"Just... this guy."

"What guy?" I asked.

"Coffee shop guy."

"Garrett! You're still talking to him?" I asked.

"Um... yea. Kinda."

"Ok, you don't say you love someone and it means nothing."

"Hey." Billie said walking toward us.

"I'll be... anywhere but here." Garrett left and I sighed.

"Babe." Billie took my hand in hers. "I'm sending zoe back home."

"Billie... no." I mumbled.

"I want this to be about us, I don't want anyone messing that up ok?"

"Billie maybe I'm overreacting it's fine." 

"No," she shook her head. "I want to show you that I'm serious about this... I might not be serious about anything else in my life, but I am Serious about you." She brushed my hair behind my ear and she ran her fingers down my neck and she kissed my lips lightly. I smiled at her and she hugged me tightly, my mind wandered to the article and I felt guilty.

"Babe...." I mumbled. "Listen, I'm not coming between you and your friends.... just..." I chewed on my lip.

"I'll talk to her ok?" I nodded.

"I don't want you to stress over it ok?" I sighed and she nodded smiling at me as she kissed me lightly.

"Hey, I love you." She said.

"I love you too." I smiled as I felt butterflies.

"Mommy!" Tom yelled running over to us.

"Hi baby." I said picking him up and hugging him.

"Bee!" Tom said leaning over to hug Billie.

"Did you miss me?" I asked and she looked at me for a long minute.

"Hum... yes!" He yelled and wrapped his arms around my neck making me laugh.

"I missed you too!" I said and he laughed. Billie, Garrett, Zoe, and Finneas played frisbee and I sat on the pavement cuddling Tom as he took my nap in my arms. I couldn't take my eyes off billie... god. Three months is going to kill me.