Chapter 16 School

Ahhh, school. What a place. You spend a good portion of your waking hours learning things that will not help you in anyway whatsoever in life. To prove my point here's a little story.

High school English teacher: "In order to graduate you need 4 years of English."

Student:"So the past 14 years weren't enough?"

Geometry teacher: "Ok, class today you will learn how to inscribe a hexagon inside of a circle, and copy segments."

Student: wonders to self when will I need this in life?

History: "There were hundreds of attempts to assassinate Fidel Castro and most of them occurred during the Reagan Administration."

Student: thinks to self, Why should I care, how does this help me in life?

Algebra teacher: "Today we will learn how to graph parabulas."

Fast forward to when the student comes home

Mom: "Hi sweetie how was school?"

Kid: "Same as always."

Mom: "What did you learn today?"

Kid: stops to think for a moment and says, "I learned how to copy a segment,  graph a parabula, inscribe a hexagon in a circle, and that there have been hundreds of attempts to kill Castro."

Mom: "ok."

Kid: "I also learned that in my 10 years of going to school, I still don't know how to do the laundry,cook, clean, balance a checkbook, write a resume, or college application,  but luckily I know how to draw a hexagon inside of a circle. School preparing kids for the future since the beginning of time."

Yeah so you guys see what I mean. So parents out there, it's up to you to teach your kids what they need in life, because school obviously isn't teaching them anything.  Just saying. Oh and the photo at the top is a picture of some geometry packet my teacher gave us.