Chapter 3 - The Doctor

You know the drill by now. I'm starting the chapter with a POV for once.
TW- medical procedures idk what to call it
-mention of domestic violence
- Rich POV -
We arrived at the doctor at around 3:00 pm. Michael parks the car and we walk down the street to the CityMD. (I don't know if those are everywhere but they're a thing where I live. Basically it's a walk in urgent care.) We walk in and take a seat. "I've never actually been to a CityMD." I was shocked at Michael. "Theriouthly? (Seriously?)I've been here tho many timeth.(times) Let'th jutht thay...(let's just say...) I get hurt a lot." I was not about to talk about all the crap I deal with at home. No sir, I've already had two breakdowns today and I'm not in the mood for a third. "Hey, Maggie!" I saw one of the nurses that I knew. "Rich is that you? Oh my god what happened to you?" I had to clarify, "Are you taking about the crutcheth or the burn thcarth ?" I said kinda laughing. "Oh um the crutches." I reach down and lift my pant leg revealing my rainbow shin. OH GOD IT'S WORSE THEN I THOUGHT. Michael must have seen the expression on my face because he took my hand and squeezed it with an 'it's ok' expression on his face. "Oh my, I'll get you in as soon as I can okay?" I nod at her. "And who is this fine fellow next to you?" She asked addressing Michael. "Oh I'm Michael, Rich's b- uh-". "Mikey'th my boyfriend." I say proudly, cutting off Michael. "Aw cute! I'll go see if there are any openings right now." She started to walk away and I said, "Thankth Maggie!" She gave me a thumbs up. We sat there for a about 5 minutes until finally someone called me. "Richard Goranski." I hear my name and get up. Michael follows me down the hall and into a room. He helps me get into the chair and went to sit in one of the other seats. Maggie came in and asked some standard questions about my leg and I told her everything. As she went to get the doctor I stopped her. "Oh there was something else I wanted to talk about." (Pretend that the lisp is there.) I signal Michael to explain because I don't remember what it was called. "PTSD. We wanted to bring up PTSD." Maggie began, "I don't think you can get PTSD from being kicked in the shin once." Michael intervened, "That's not what we're talking about that. There was an incident with uh drugs and fire." He said. "I took this computer pill called a squip and it made me cooler. I started going crazy trying to get it out and set my friend's house on fire in an attempt to... get it out." Like I said pretend the lisp is there. I started hyperventilating and Michael squeezed my hand again. Maggie went to go get the doctor. "I didn't think I could do that." I said to Michael. "Well it's definitely improvement." He said smiling at me. The doctor came in and talked about my shin. "So Rich, all you need to do is put ice on it at least once a day, use the crutches, and wear this brace." The doctor said handing me a brace. "And you'll have to go somewhere else for the PTSD diagnosis." Oh well. "Oh okay, have a nice day." I walk out with Michael and we head to the car. We get in and Michael asks, "So where do you live?" I completely forgot he was dropping me home. "Oh uh well I wath wondering if I could crash by you tonight? I get really anxiouth when I'm alone and I'm afraid I might do thomething I'll regret." I half lied to Michael. I really just needed to stay away from my dad, at least until I could walk. He'd totally take advantage of my injury. "Well I don't see the problem with that. Let me call my mom." He was on the phone for about two minutes. "Alright! My mom said you can stay!" I was so relieved. I smiled widely. "Thankth Mikey!"
I know it's shorter than usual but I had to finish it fast. Next time Rich stays at Michael's for the night, but will he reveal the truth? Lol I'll start working on it today.
-Katie