Chapter 4 - The Sleepover

Starting this chapter with a POV too.
TW- mention of domestic violence
- Michael POV -
There were no parking spots when we got to my house so we had to parks 5 BLOCKS away from my house. I mean it wasn't the absolute worst thing but Rich was on crutches and it was pretty chilly outside. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt so I was fine, but his flannel was still wet and in his bag so he only had his T-shirt on. He was good at hiding it, but I knew he was cold. "It's pretty cold out huh?" I said to him. "Nah man." I saw him shiver. "Are you sure because you can wear my sweatshirt." I offered to him. He looked at me like he just won the lottery. "Ok fine I'm cold. Can I wear the sweatshirt now?" I took the sweatshirt off my waist and handed it to him. He put it on and it was HUGE on him. He didn't seem to mind. We finally approached my house and went inside. "Hey moms!" My moms came over by us and I introduced Rich to them. "This is Rich, my boyfriend!" Rich shyly said hello and we went to my basement. I set up my video game system. Yes it's from the 90s. We pick out a game and play for a while. I mostly just laughed at Rich because he had no clue what he was doing. "Different from Xbox huh?" I ask laughing. "What are these controlth ah!" A zombie killed his character. I can't stop laughing and he got upset. "C'mon man. Thith ith rigged." He really looked like a little kid pouting about something stupid. Especially because the sweatshirt was huge on him. His arms were crossed. He sank into the bean bag he was sitting on. Side note: the layout of the basement is two bean bags that Michael and Rich are sitting on and a small couch behind them that turns into a bed. "It's alright bud. I used to be pretty bad at these too." He looked up. "Really?" He asked me. "No I was always awesome. Just thought I'd make ya feel better." I said laughing. Rich didn't seem to really think it was funny 'cause he got up and sat on the couch. He tucked his knees into the hoodie being careful not to hit his shin and put the hood up. He pulled the strings on the hood so I couldn't see his face. "You are you being such a drama queen." I said joking as I came and sat next to him. I knew immediately something was wrong because he started shaking. I pulled the hood off his head and and turned him toward me. "Again?" I asked him. "Third time's the charm." He said as tears slowly started to come down his face. I put my hands on his arms. "Can you tell me what's going on?" He nodded. "It's just the way you and your family has been. You welcomed me with open arms, you took me to the doctor, you're playing video games with me. You know this is the first time in a while that I've played with a controller and not my mind. It's like I'm with you and everything's ok. I remember when I first got home from the hospital and came out to my dad. You know what he did? He slapped me across the face and told me to sleep outside for the night." The tears subsided and Rich started to scream. Thank god the basement was sound proof. "YOUR FRIGGIN SON COMES HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL THAT YOU VISITED HIM IN ONCE AND COMES OUT TO YOU AND YOU SLAP HIM? WHAT KIND OF FATHER DOES THAT? AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT'S EVEN SAFE FOR ME TO GO BACK AND-". Once more pretend the lisp is there. He started hyperventilating and let him lean on me. I hugged him tight. "Shhhh you're safe right here." He began to cry again, but lightly this time. He held on to my arm as if he would die if he let go. We stayed like that on the couch and I realized he had fallen asleep. Well I guess I'm sleeping down here. I grab the pillow next to me and prop it under my head. "Night Richie." He didn't say anything but I saw him smile. It had been one heck of a day, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
This one was also kind of a shorty but fear not! Lol. I know I know, three breakdowns in four chapters? It was just that kind of day for Rich.
- Katie