Chapter 8

It seemed that her waking up early the day before was a fluke, as Rina found herself being woken up by Masaru yet again that morning.

"Rina, did you even pack?" He asked as she yawned and stretched.

"No, I must have forgotten." Rina said, rubbing her eye.

Masaru sighed and rubbed his temple with his hand.

"All right, I'll help you then." He said, beginning to pick some clothes up off of the floor, "It looks like you didn't unpack much anyway."

"Thanks." Rina said, getting out of the bed, "I'll go change in the other room."

Rina picked up some of her clothes and left the room, walking into Masaru's and changing. The room smelling just like him, a fact that Rina was trying her best not to acknowledge. When she left and returned to her room, Masaru seemed to be nearly done already.

"It looks like I got everything." He said, reaching under the bed for something.

Rina looked under the bed and her eyes widened, it was a pair of her underwear.

"I can do the rest." Rina said quickly, walking over and grabbing the panties before he could, "Just wait outside."

Masaru raised an eyebrow, but shrugged.

"Ok." He said simply, then stood up and left the room.

Rina put everything away and closed her bag, the embarrassment steadily going away. She took one last look at the room she'd spent the last few days sleeping in, and then left the room.

Masaru was leaning against the wall with his own bag, staring at the ceiling. His eyes traveled over to Rina when she left the room.

"You ready?" He asked in a neutral tone.

"Yep." She said with a nod.

"All right." He said, pushing himself off of the wall, "I think they want us to eat with them one last time before we go."

Rina followed Masaru down the hall, looking around at everything. This would be the last time she walked down this hall with him.

"You're a sentimental person, aren't you?" Masaru asked, glancing back at her for a moment.

"What?" Rina asked, tilting her head.

"Nothing." He said, turning his head back forward, "Fuyuko really doesn't want to leave. Suzu practically had to pry her out of her bedroom."

"I guess everyone is going to miss the island." Rina said, looking at the floor in front of her.

"It is more exciting than everyday life, that's for sure." Masaru responded, sounding bored despite what he said.

"Maybe we just aren't living normal life right." She suggested, putting a finger to her lower lip.

"I wouldn't say that." He said, slowing down to allow them to walk side by side, "The whole purpose of a vacation is to have a good time you wouldn't normally have. It wouldn't be one if it was just as exciting as our daily lives."

"You're right." Rina said, and he almost always was.

She would find it annoying if it didn't make him so dependable.

They reached the dining room, and walked inside to have their last meal there.

The word "last" was on Rina's mind a lot that day, even as everyone talked and laughed while eating. She couldn't stop thinking about how they wouldn't be back, at least not for a while. It was easy to say that they'd always have the memories, or that they'll return someday, but it simply didn't make it any easier.