Chapter 6

The others were waiting for him when he got back. Wasting no time, he dropped the multiple bags on the table and made his way down to their basement. His steady steps resounding throughout the darkened hall. The basement looked nothing like the rest of the house, it was dark, cold and eerie. It lacked the tasteful decor that the rest of the HQ had, being all gray with Random splotches and marks, best left unidentified.

Jaehyun took a deep breath, letting it out slowly; with it he released every shred of emotions and feelings he had. He saw a white swirl of smoke rise into the air from his mouth and disappear into the surrounding dark. Just like that, he was back. The man the world feared, the man who felt nothing, the man who took care of business with ruthless effectiveness.

Stance growing more confident with each taken step,he quickened his pace to quick reassured strides, with Taeyong catching up with him half way there; a silent Sicheng in toe. Why had the silent men descended down, he had no idea. Sichengs presence puzzled him only for moment, even if he never truly participated in the interrogation and it's practices, the mans silent presence had an effect that was almost comical in its severity. He would just stand in a corner glaring at their captives and it would work just as well as him yelling. Sichengs presence only served to fuel Jaehyun's curiosity. Their prisoner was a tough nut to crack...for now.

The trio reached the interrogation room in a somber but comfortable silence

The trio reached the interrogation room in a somber but comfortable silence. Their silence proved highly contradictory to the horrific sounds that omitted from the room before them. Jaehyun stepped forward a knocked smartly on the door once; just like that the silence ensued in the interrogation room, followed by hurried footsteps in and whimpering.

The door sprung open and Yuta stepped outside, closing the door in his wake. His face lacked its usual easy smile, his knuckles were raw and splattered with blood- unlikely his own.

"What happened?" Jaehyun looked at Yuta.

"The bastard interrupted the mission." Yuta growled. "That's what happened, I almost lost her."

"A little more detail would be appreciated." Jaehyun pointed out.

" a day or so into the mission I noticed this guy spying on me and the target whenever we were close. As a precautionary measure I was twice as cautious of the whole situation. Turned out the target knew nothing of who he was, which was suspicious to say the least."

"We caught him snooping around the hotel on d-day." Taeyong took over. "Yuta caught him and dragged him to my room."

"Did the mission go as planned?" It was the top priority at the moment, everything else was secondary.

"After he was detained, the mission went on without a hitch." Yuta couldn't help flashing a smile. "The girl opened up like a spring gate, didn't suspect a thing."

"Alive or dead?" Jaehyun probed.

"Alive." Yuta confirmed. " and I'm just a summer fling she'll never forget." A smug smile back in place. "Or well, like a mini vacation fling but you get it."