Chapter 11

"You're hurt." You repeated, staring at the wound in a trance.

"Yes." Was all it took for you to spring into action.

You walked up to him, gently leading him to your couch. He sat there stiffly but without complaint, still staring at you with guarded eyes. You ignored his looks, instead focusing on what was important, given the current situation.

"Wait here please

"Wait here please." You sounded too formal to his ears but it was to be expected. Jaehyun had just unwillingly revealed a side of himself that he never wanted you to know. "I'll try getting you something for your wound."

You turned around to head to the little kitchenette but somehow Jaehyun couldn't let that happen. He couldn't let you go without saying something, anything. For some reason it felt like if he allowed you to walk away from him right now, he'd loose you and Jaehyun was coming to the dawning realisation that the prospect of loosing you was one he was unwilling to turn into reality, not if he could help it. So when you turned around to step out, his hand darted out on its own, gripping your own tightly. You turned back to him, confused—and although you wouldn't admit it to yourself but also slightly scared.

"Thank you." Was all he said, but the sincerity behind his words put you at ease automatically. For the first time, since this entire episode had begun, you got a glimpse of the man you had come to know in the past few weeks.

"Don't thank me yet." You warned him, the tiniest hint of a smile on your face. "You're still bleeding."

With that you turned around once again, this time without being stopped and headed to the kitchenette. You had invested in a first aid kit the moment you had gotten some money to spare. The prospect of getting hurt wasn't foreign to you, seeing as you were on the run. It wasn't the most extensive kit, but it was practical. Fetching it quickly in the bottom cabinet, you made your way back.

Somewhere in the innate corners of your mind, you wondered what Jae would think about your shabby studio apartment. It wasn't much, infact it was close to nothing. You were fairly certain that Jae was very rich, if not then atleast he was well off. You on the other hand were struggling. Sure things had been better these days but you had saved up the extra cash for emergencies, like having to run away at a moments notice. What would he think of you now? Sure, he must have known you weren't wealthy, if you were working two jobs, but he probably didn't know you had it this bad. You would've probably decorated it better but that was like leaving traces of you, were ever found out. You shook your head to clear away such thoughts, that wasn't your top priority. The man you had come to genuinely like was bleeding in your living room. You could wallow in despair later.

In you living room Jaehyun had finally relaxed on your tiny sofa, well as much as he could with a stab would. Seeing as it was on the lower abdomen, you knew you needed him to lie down but the sofa clearly wasn't going to allow that. It barely held two people sitting,squeezed in together.